Does Loopy do work on used 3DS models?

Nintendood45

Does Loopy do work on used 3DS models?

Post by Nintendood45 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi there, I'm looking to purchase a Loopy-installed capture card for my 3DS. However, since I have a 3DS XL I've been recently looking into finding an old 3DS. Now, I have found a few that I'm deciding upon buying, but will Loopy still install the board for me if I send it to him, having already been opened and used for whoever knows how long? All the information I've read about his process has been very clear and precise; however, I haven't really found any specific mention of him having worked on previously opened 3DS models.

Has he done this for anybody else? Sorry if I sound like I'm being trollish, but I'm pretty late to the capture card game :P

Thank you to anyone who answers! I greatly appreciate it.

desocietas

Re: Does Loopy do work on used 3DS models?

Post by desocietas » Tue May 10, 2016 11:46 pm

What do you mean, "opened"?

If it's used, no matter the previous owner, Loopy should be able to work on it. Most owners would have no reason to remove the back panel during general use.

I sent Loopy a used DS that I got on eBay, and it works great.

Nintendood45

Post by Nintendood45 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:07 am

Ah, I just meant opened and outside the original packaging. I wasn't sure if Loopy wanted it specifically in the box or something; glad to hear it's not as complicated a process as I'd thought. Thank you!

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed May 11, 2016 12:13 am

Nintendood45 wrote:Ah, I just meant opened and outside the original packaging. I wasn't sure if Loopy wanted it specifically in the box or something; glad to hear it's not as complicated a process as I'd thought. Thank you!
No problem! Yup, I sent him the console itself, no box, wires or anything.