Appraisal for future selling?

TryclydeTamer

Appraisal for future selling?

Post by TryclydeTamer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:04 am

Soon I will be ready to sell my 3DS with the old Loopy capture board, the one that sticks out at the bottom. When I will sell it depends on these factors: Loopy releasing the New 3DS XL board, when I have the money to ship my XL out, and when I don't need one handy for recording, since I have been doing a co-op game on the side.

It is the Zelda 25th Anniversary Special Edition system, and I have had it and used it quite a lot for four and a half years. This may be a bit off-putting to buyers, to be quite honest. Games run perfectly, but there are a few cosmetic nuances: Minor scuffs on the outer shell, thin lines on the top screen from the ridged border of the bottom screen (never really needed a screen protector, and it's hardly noticeable in-game), shoulder buttons that need the occasional blow, and probably the worst thing being the Control Pad's rubber mostly torn off due to intense playing of Super Smash Bros. Nothing that makes it impossible to play games.

The USB cable for recording will also be included, but it would be up to you to get anything else like noise filters or auxiliary cord extenders (those work wonders if you don't want to have so much space confinement). The normal SD card that came with the system is switched out for a formatted 8GB PNY Optima SDHC card that can hold quite a bit of extra data. The lock button on it broke a long time ago, so there is a piece of tape over it to trick it out of being locked (a common trick, no worries). A normal 3DS/DSi charger is also part of the mix.

Something that may add to the collection value is the original box that it came in, bundled with Ocarina of Time 3D (not included here). The outer box is slightly ragged on the flaps due to excitement while opening it. The inner box is much more intact and has the Quick Start guides in both English and French, as well as the big 3DS operations manual. I lost the original stylus long ago, so I will instead include a colored one that fits better in a Wii U Gamepad but still is a lot cleaner than the human finger. I plan to list it on Ebay, so the eventual winner of the auction or the to-be-determined Buy it Now price can choose their favorite color, woo! :D

Anything not mentioned (AR cards, charging cradle, etc.) is not included. The software installed on the 3DS is either default or of no monetary value. The firmware is the most recent software update. I have plenty of pictures with which to make your judgments, but I need a suggestion of how to show all of the pictures. For now, just the image with the opened system will be showcased.
Attachments
3DS Cover.jpg
The thin lines on the top screen and the mangled circle pad. Just proves that it's been to great use, eh?
3DS Cover.jpg (220.46 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
Last edited by TryclydeTamer on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

desocietas

Re: Appraisal for future selling?

Post by desocietas » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:37 am

If I were you, I'd probably start the listing at $300.

TryclydeTamer

Post by TryclydeTamer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:29 am

desocietas wrote:If I were you, I'd probably start the listing at $300.
Sounds fair enough. I was thinking it would start at like $250 but the competition wouldn't match up to upwards of $300. My main goal for parting with the old board is to pay for the new one when it is released, and possibly have enough pocket change to put toward a non-modded system, maybe even a 2DS since it would mainly be for trading Pokémon with myself. Hopefully people will be willing to get a hold of my equipment despite the list of flaws. Thanks for your input!

cooroxd

Post by cooroxd » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:27 am

TryclydeTamer wrote:
desocietas wrote:If I were you, I'd probably start the listing at $300.
Sounds fair enough. I was thinking it would start at like $250 but the competition wouldn't match up to upwards of $300. My main goal for parting with the old board is to pay for the new one when it is released, and possibly have enough pocket change to put toward a non-modded system, maybe even a 2DS since it would mainly be for trading Pokémon with myself. Hopefully people will be willing to get a hold of my equipment despite the list of flaws. Thanks for your input!
If you were planning to sell your 3ds, you shouldn't have updated your system's firmware because a low firmware and capture card combo will fetch a higher value.