European distributor - www.merki.net

TommyTLG

Re: European distributor - www.merki.net

Post by TommyTLG » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:52 am

Just wanted to say that I got my package last week, and everything is working perfectly!
I even got Haribo colas in my package <3

http://instagram.com/p/wyxu2-DQ-X/

Kekskrümel

Post by Kekskrümel » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Bought a 3DS with pre installed Capture Card and Gamecube Controller Mod from Stefan.

Perfect communication from order to delivery. All went fine, device works perfect.

Murphy

Post by Murphy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at launching a 3DS channel or website shortly and so a capture unit would be very useful and being from the UK Stefan's services would be ideal.

What's best? I can grab a 3DS quite cheaply now, should I just do that and send it to you?

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:12 pm

The Capture Cards to get it installed in your device are sold out!
I only got less then 30 preinstalled units left. The next delivery I do not expect before 2 months...

José Azevedo

Post by José Azevedo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:43 am

So I recently received my 3DS Ice White + Capture Board installed from http://www.merki.net and I’m leaving my review here. :)

The service
First things first, the communication between buyer-seller was simply flawless. Before I even decided to buy the product, Stefan came across one of my topics on the forum and answered all my initial questions right at the moment. All my other doubts were answered via PM, always very quickly and helpful.

The payment and shipment
Since I don’t have a paypal account, I had to use Bank Transfer as the payment method, as this was my first international transfer (I’m Portuguese, Azorian btw) there were a lot of inconveniences on my part, Stefan was always very comprehensive about the situation and reserved my 3DS for a while. When I finally found a solution and was able to make the transfer, it took about a day for the money to reach Stefans account, and my package was sent as soon as he got it.

The package
The 3DS pack with all its content came in a big box filled with sturdy paper. The wrapping made it so the content inside did not move out of place and protected the product from possible transportation mishandling. Perfect care.

The content
3DS with Capture Board installed - The Ice White color is awesome, you would think the board installed on the lower part would somehow make a less comfortable playing experience, on the contrary, the board actually makes my hands adapt around the console better than without it (I have a Sky Blue 3DS to know this).
Manuals, AR Cards, recharge stand and bottom cover – Pretty self-explanatory.
The charger – The charger included is a UK one, but it comes with the necessary adapter so you can use it everywhere else (Europe wise).
The micro usb cable – 3 meter long, turns the console into a controller basically, exactly what I needed.
Basically, just the same as going into a store to buy a 3DS, but it comes with the capture board and the necessary things for it to work.

Equipment setting up
This experience was almost equivalent to a plug and play basically. Just make sure you read the instruction PDF on merki.net forum, and everything should work fine.

Summing it up, If you’re European and want a 3DS Capture Board, the best place to go is http://www.merki.net, the service is flawless, the price is final (no extra transportation taxes), you’ll only regret it if you don’t get it there.

P.S. - The Haribo Fruity Pasta was delicious! :mrgreen:

Speedyelie

Post by Speedyelie » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:20 pm

I try to buy one from him but it weird that merki dosen't ship to Canada. The only solution is still Loopy but why he can't ship to Canada???

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:35 am

Dear forum visitors, future buyers and stefan,

Before I decided which capture card type I wanted I looked up the difference between Loopy capture cards and Katsukity.
I inquired katsukity but it took way to long for even a simple email reply (2 weeks), and the response didn't even answer my question. All mails after have been plainly ignored at Katsukity.
After checking the difference between them I decided to go with the loopy capture board and the best place for us as EU customers is of course Merki.
I looked on twitch for different streamers to see if there were any with a Merki capture card to ask them their experiences and I have checked all reviews given both here and on the 3dscapture forum.
These positive reviews led to me wanting to buy my capture card with Merki. Ordering with Merki as EU customer saves you the costs you would get from customs normally when ordering outside of the EU!

After I discussed and placed my order on the 13th of october 2015 I was keeping track on forum posts and noticed that the waiting was for Loopy to develop / get the boards.
So I decided to try and contact Loopy/Neal and that succeeded with contacting him I could give people here a bit more news as well which was very nice to be able to do!
A little while after I was able to contact Loopy/Neal Stefan got more information on shipping and received the boards on Monday 9 November 2015.
I was position 92 in the list of orders and order #1290 Stefan at first said he could do 4-6 capture cards a day so my expectations were for the capture card with controller mod to arrive mid december but suprisingly I got a mail previous sunday (15th of november) that my order was done but there was a small error on the housing near the controller mod. :o

http://i.imgur.com/stHgXJL.jpg

Stefan wanted to compensate me for it or if I didn't like it at all ask the person next in line if he would have any issues with it.
Since mistakes can happen I said no to the compensation at first but since Stefan a nice guy as he is didn't accept a no for the compensation I chose super mario bros 2 special edition as the compensation for this minor mistake.

Receiving the Capture Card with Controller mod
Yesterday I received my capture card with controller mod through DPD.
I opened the box and it was so well and safely packed in the box with bubble wrap I opened the 3ds box and it contained the following:

http://i.imgur.com/5Cm3l5Z.jpg

Harribo HYPE!!! :D
I also got the blue cable I preffered.

Installation & Specifications

The 3DS capture card comes default with firmware 4.5 which is the best support for flash card users (GateWay etc.).
The installation is actually pretty straightforward in Windows 10 64 bit just plug it in and you can load it with the 3dsview program! No need for any other installation here!
I downloaded the 3dscapture plugin for OBS at first which makes use of the CLR browser plugin.
I tested it and it seems to not be properly compatible with a scene containing a CLR browser item (twitchalerts alerts) and crashes on preview mode.
When trying a empty scene OBS didn't crash but the 3DS output flikkered on and off so it didn't skip the black/empty frame.
So my advice do not use third party plugins for it unless it's recent and they show screenshots of it working else it's a waste of time using them.
I then decided to just window capture the screens and succes!!! :D

So to conclude everyone who wants a great quality capture card order from Merki when you live in the EU! 8-)

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:04 pm

I guess it might be interesting for some of you the Newsletter Content I posted yesterday:

3DS Capture Card Shop Status
Newsletter 2015.12.31 English
Hallo

The year 2015 is now almost over, now we should look back and ask ourselves whether everything went as planned?!

Well, let's start with a change in personnel, we went back to a one-man company.
Although this was not planned and surely is quite a challenge, but as you could see it in the last few months - it works :)

In the period from April to October Neal (Loopy) had taken a break from the manufacture and installation work of the 3DS Capture Cards.
Unfortunately, this has not been communicated, so we were unable to create a larger stock before.
In particular, the relatively problematic supply situation has led to considerable extra work and stress!
Although we didn't offer or sell to anyone our 3DS Capture Cards during this period, we recognize that it has caused considerable anger among the interested customers, that had planned to buy a 3DS Capture Card with us or in the USA.
We are very sorry for this situation, but you have to understand that the manufacturer/inventor has self-determination over his time - he is not a slave! :roll:

In this way we want to express our respect and appreciation for the hard and professional work he does!

Although some of you regret that the decision is been made to no longer produce the 3DS XL Capture Card. You should understand that we have to consider the effort and cost that would arise for further Capture Card series especially while Nintendo already exchanged this model for a newer system (N3DS XL).

The development effort and related time was not in vain, since important parts of this development are now incorporated into the N3DS XL Capture Card!
The development is already well advanced, the first prototypes are now available. The series production should be reached "soon" :)
Where "soon" may well take 1-3 months.

Also, the decision has been made, to continue and deliver the existing Capture Card series :)
At the moment, we are selling the remaining 3DS Capture Cards from our reserve, as it is clear now that a new shipment for the 3DS Capture Cards will arrive in about a month!

A happy and a successful new year 2016!

Deleted User 3190

Post by Deleted User 3190 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:17 am

Will you guys sell New 3ds capture card USA version ? if yes let us know thanks
Last edited by Deleted User 3190 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:31 am

RIP (old) 3DS XL Capture Card. That's a shame it's being discontinued. I suppose this gives me a reason to upgrade my regular old XL and get the new one that can emulate GBA games more smoothly. Here's to another year; hopefully delays won't occur, but only time will tell