3D Capture and Scaling Filters

Heather

3D Capture and Scaling Filters

Post by Heather » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:06 am

Hello all,
I have two questions.

1. Will 3D capture (side-by-side) ever be supported?
Reading on the forums and the last SW update being a year and a half ago leads me to believe that this feature has been given up on. However, because VR headsets are slowly becoming mainstream (and the fact that many people already have 3D glasses), this will be a worthwhile feature. In fact, some games only exist because of their 3D feature, such as the 3D Classics series. This question was brought to mind when I was reading about 3D Sonic 2 today where the devs explained that they built their own Genesis architecture so that the game could have four layers of 3D depth, as you can see here: http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=355449|4

2. The only scaling filter available is bilinear. Would it be possible to use more advanced filters such as trilinear, anisotropic, etc.?
I ask because I saw a video where a person applied an anisotropic filter to their 3DS capture, but apparently they were using a capture card that was not Loopy's.

Thank you for any answers.

LVNeptune

Re: 3D Capture and Scaling Filters

Post by LVNeptune » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:12 am

There was a beta software released if you can find the link on here. Allowed 3D side by side. Used it with nvidia s3d.

UltimaN3rd

Post by UltimaN3rd » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

About the filtering options, it'd be great to allow more advanced upscaling filters such as HQx

lokistarwind

Post by lokistarwind » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:59 am

Just record native resolution and scale the footage using a software like virtualdub with logarith codec. Either that or use After Effects weird interface to scale it for bilinear interpolation. Most people generally record native resolution, unless maybe streaming.