original ds capture cards question

jaderocc

original ds capture cards question

Post by jaderocc » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:53 pm

i saw that the order page for the ds capture card mod still lets me place an order unlike the 3ds ones, which we know are sold out. does this mean loopy will still mod a ds if i send it to him??? or is the page just still there/never updated. just want to be 100% sure before i place an order for one. thanks!!

BladeCrossEXE

Re: original ds capture cards question

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:26 am

I would like to know as well. I sent in 2 of my DS systems to get capture cards installed, and according to the tracking, they arrived today, but I haven't gotten ANY emails from Loopy at all, even though I sent one to him with the tracking number.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:04 am

AFAIK, Loopy is still installing for regular DS, yes. Those are easier installs for him, so the turnaround is quick. He doesn't send emails but you will get an email from Paypal letting you know that it's being sent back to you once he's all done. Shouldn't be more than a few days, I'd assume! Though it's the holiday time in case he's out of town or anything.

BladeCrossEXE

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:49 am

Just got mine back today. :3
Slightly longer wait time than what has been reported, but I sent it in during the holiday season, so I ain't surprised.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:37 am

BladeCrossEXE wrote:Just got mine back today. :3
Slightly longer wait time than what has been reported, but I sent it in during the holiday season, so I ain't surprised.
Considering that the 26th and the 2nd were postal holidays, it was to be expected :) Glad you got yours safely! Hope you're enjoying them.

BladeCrossEXE

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:53 pm

I sent in one for both me and my friend. I'm waiting till we can hang out again to open them. I sent them in around the 22nd, I think. But, yeah, I was prepared for a longer wait time. I have high expectations for these! Time for a let's play of Ace Attourney and Lunar Knights.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:14 pm

BladeCrossEXE wrote:I sent in one for both me and my friend. I'm waiting till we can hang out again to open them. I sent them in around the 22nd, I think. But, yeah, I was prepared for a longer wait time. I have high expectations for these! Time for a let's play of Ace Attourney and Lunar Knights.
Two of my favorites! Enjoy!

jaderocc

Post by jaderocc » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:50 pm

BladeCrossEXE wrote:I sent in one for both me and my friend. I'm waiting till we can hang out again to open them. I sent them in around the 22nd, I think. But, yeah, I was prepared for a longer wait time. I have high expectations for these! Time for a let's play of Ace Attourney and Lunar Knights.
good to hear! i'm not sure if the software works on mac or not right now and the mac developer has apparently stopped working on the software so i'm a bit hesitant to order/not trying to waste $80 on a hard mod that wouldn't be usable. if anyone can confirm operational for mac i would greatly appreciate it. and thanks for posting updates! if it's not too much trouble i'd love if you could post an update or reciew type of deal once you've used it some!! once i figure out if this works on my mac or not i'll definitely be grabbing one. thanks!!! :*)

BladeCrossEXE

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:33 am

Aight, we just tested them out. Both work great! The only issue was that on a Windows 10 Laptop, you have to tweak the settings slightly. Basically, tell the computer to run it in backwards compatibility mode, then play the video file on something that a Windows 7, 8, or XP OS would have, like VLC, Windows Media Player, etc.

BladeCrossEXE

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Sorry for the double post, but here's an unboxing video, if you guys wanna see!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmjBWA7EMyg