Unique flex cable (for Nisetoro capture)?

T.Mo

Re: Unique flex cable (for Nisetoro capture)?

Post by T.Mo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:44 am

I didn’t do anything myself. I had asked all those questions if I were to find someone qualified to actually fix the flex cable.

The Video out did work for a very short time with and without the TV kit before displaying the No Signal status.

When I had the second look, the flex cable had been torn even further, which most likely led to the loss of signal. The video out does work, but for a very short time due to even the slight movement-if none at all.

Since you’re here, Merki, allow me to clarify the first post...as it was back in 2016. I did have to pay $200 when I had to go back to Keity to fix whatever issues I was having-nothing at all about what you did, as I didn’t have your product at that time. If you can let go of this grudge, maybe we can actually get along. Is that asking too much?

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:21 pm

I can let go - but I don't want to let something come across my reputation, as I really care and work hard to help as much I can for every single customer.

BTW as I started this Capture Card work, I thought also I'm quallified, but after some time I had to find out that there is so much I have to learn about that specific work..

T.Mo

Post by T.Mo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:11 pm

I never said anything bad about your work-as I’m grateful for what you did. At the end of the day, I just want have a working 3DS capture again.

I may have my raging moments, but know it’s much better to to get along-for a lot of good things can come about, making it a win-win situation.

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:43 pm

I've never taken one of those apart, but from pictures it looks like there are 12 pads on the capture board and there are 12 lines on the ffc. The capture board side looks straight forward, but since I've never taken one apart I have no idea where they go or how easy it is to take apart everything is. It surely would be easier to do that than trying to bridge that ffc together since you have zero room to do so. Even if you fixed the ffc you would need to take everything apart to even repair it. You might get lucky and just tape it together and the two ends touch enough to pass a strong enough signal, but we're talking almost razer thin connections that would disconnect at the slightest touch.