Probably a stupid question...

ScottfromCT

Probably a stupid question...

Post by ScottfromCT » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:50 am

So I just bought a DS capture board specifically so I could play ds games on my tv through my computer. I broke my back in 2010, and cant really play handhelds. Until now I've only been able to play up to gba games using my gameboy player. Im really excited to finally get to play all the games I've missed out on.
So here's the thing: I remember not too long ago people were into making the ds into a "gba macro" by literally snapping off the top screen. Now, I'm really only ever going to be using this thing as a controller. I'm going to run the audio and video through my computer to my tv because it will literally cause me pain to look down at the top screen for any length of time. Is there a way I can just remove the top half entirely while installing the card, or would this just be way more trouble than it's worth?
Also, I'm going to be exclusively using the 3.5mm jack to output audio. Is there any way I can relocate the headphone jack to the back of the DS? It doesn't have to sit flush or look good, it would just make cord management easier.
Thanks!