Audio Problems

mike123

Audio Problems

Post by mike123 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Hello,

I recently got a capture card and it's been great so far. Although, I have problems with the audio when recording with the software. Sometimes the audio will be in sync with no problems whatsoever. There are times were the audio will be out of sync with the video and will actually be ahead or sometimes behind. I have tried lots of things like using the task manager to give it higher a higher priority, different codecs but nothing seems to work. :( Hope you guys can help me out! Thanks for your attention.

P.S. I been using the codec Microsoft Video 1

MKGirlism

Re: Audio Problems

Post by MKGirlism » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:17 pm

How big is your file?
Did you play it with Windows Media Player?

Either of these can be a problem, but I don't say they're the only ones.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:22 pm

The files are pretty big depending on how long the recording session is (around a 1gig and above). The thing is I thought the problem was because I was recording and saving it to an external hard drive. I tried saving it to my desktop and the same problem occurred. Yes I played the file in Windows Media Player and VLC Media Player. When you play the video, the audio problem is obvious.

mike123

Post by mike123 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Guest wrote:The files are pretty big depending on how long the recording session is (around a 1gig and above). The thing is I thought the problem was because I was recording and saving it to an external hard drive. I tried saving it to my desktop and the same problem occurred. Yes I played the file in Windows Media Player and VLC Media Player. When you play the video, the audio problem is obvious.
Whoops, didn't know I was signed out. Sorry about that.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 am

Because I did notice it before, when I play a huge file, it tends to become out of sync, but when I convert it to a way smaller size, it apparently syncs.
Try installing HandBreak (free Converter), it uses H.264 by default, which is a true God in compression and quality.

mike123

Post by mike123 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:40 pm

MKGirlism wrote:Because I did notice it before, when I play a huge file, it tends to become out of sync, but when I convert it to a way smaller size, it apparently syncs.
Try installing HandBreak (free Converter), it uses H.264 by default, which is a true God in compression and quality.
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me, greatly appreciate it! :D

I downloaded the converter, so basically I should just record as normal and just convert it using the program, correct?

mike123

Post by mike123 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:08 pm

So I recorded then converted the file using the software you recommended and there is still an audio problem :( . Plus I discovered this when I opened both files in Sony Vegas:

Raw Footage File:

Conversion Footage File:

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Then I have no clue anymore.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 pm

MKGirlism wrote:Then I have no clue anymore.
Well what codec will you recommend recording in and settings?

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 pm

All I'm using is Xvid.
I used to record in CamStudio Codecs, but these became heavy, since the Capture Card switched from 6 FPS to 60 FPS.