Can I Still get a 3ds capture card for an old oorginal 3ds

booleangemini

Re: Can I Still get a 3ds capture card for an old oorginal 3ds

Post by booleangemini » Thu May 07, 2020 7:32 pm

I'm assuming Loopy is gathering Refurbed DS's to handle orders for preinstalled cards or he is simply waiting for a chance where he has a lot of free time to handle the mad rush of orders when he finally opens ordering. Either way, I just wouldn't expect them at any certain date.

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Thu May 07, 2020 7:43 pm

I'm personally just interested in getting the boards. Might pick up another ds board and would like to get another 3ds board.

dimshades

Post by dimshades » Thu May 14, 2020 11:48 pm

loopy wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:09 pm
I have them in. Will probably put them up on Monday.
Just for clarity - was this in reference to original Phat DS Capture cards, or 3DS ones? As I see that DS boards are up but not 3DS ones. Inquiring minds want to know!

Rkfan

Post by Rkfan » Fri May 15, 2020 12:11 am

loopy wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:09 pm
I have them in. Will probably put them up on Monday.
I see the boards are available and im considering buying one but id rather buy a preinstalled device from you as I am not confident in my skills. Will you also have those up? If I have to I will just buy a board but prefer the mastery of loopy

natecc

Post by natecc » Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 am

If you're referring to the DS, there are 3 options for getting a capture board. An install kit for $64.99, an installation for $89.99, and a DS with a capture board preinstalled for $149.99. For the 3ds you have to send your system in to get it modded.

Rkfan

Post by Rkfan » Fri May 15, 2020 2:08 am

natecc wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 am
If you're referring to the DS, there are 3 options for getting a capture board. An install kit for $64.99, an installation for $89.99, and a DS with a capture board preinstalled for $149.99. For the 3ds you have to send your system in to get it modded.
I was referring to the DS. I would prefer to buy one remade my Loopy but that option isn't available but the other two are. So im asking if he will make the preinstalled ones available or if not ill purchase the board and try my luck. It seems doable but I def dont have a dremmel. I do have an exact-o blade but thats it

enahsd

Post by enahsd » Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 am

Rkfan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:08 am
natecc wrote:
I was referring to the DS. I would prefer to buy one remade my Loopy but that option isn't available but the other two are. So im asking if he will make the preinstalled ones available or if not ill purchase the board and try my luck. It seems doable but I def dont have a dremmel. I do have an exact-o blade but thats it
Yeah, I just tried to buy one of the premade ones too, but it said sold out. I don't have an original DS to send in, I don't trust buying used consoles online, and because of Covid, every place is closed right now, so I can't browse places to find a good one. I mean, don't get me wrong, if I have to I will find a way. I think a few places are doing curbside near me, but it would be nice to know.

Rkfan

Post by Rkfan » Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 am

enahsd wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 am
Rkfan wrote:
natecc wrote:
Yeah, I just tried to buy one of the premade ones too, but it said sold out. I don't have an original DS to send in, I don't trust buying used consoles online, and because of Covid, every place is closed right now, so I can't browse places to find a good one. I mean, don't get me wrong, if I have to I will find a way. I think a few places are doing curbside near me, but it would be nice to know.
I get ya! For the COVID part, I just sanitize with one of the Clorox wipes (usually wear a mask and gloves too) and then just let it sanitize for a few hours outside. But my concern about buying online is not knowing if they work. Also on eBay you can find a lot for $50 but you dunno if its good or not. Offerup might work but I dont want to have too much human contact (usually I Venmo and open my trunk) but the issue here is that most local sellers dont know how to name the original NTR-001 DS. so I get a bunch of 3ds and Lites in the results.

natecc

Post by natecc » Fri May 15, 2020 3:38 am

Rkfan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 am
enahsd wrote:
Rkfan wrote:

I get ya! For the COVID part, I just sanitize with one of the Clorox wipes (usually wear a mask and gloves too) and then just let it sanitize for a few hours outside. But my concern about buying online is not knowing if they work. Also on eBay you can find a lot for $50 but you dunno if its good or not. Offerup might work but I dont want to have too much human contact (usually I Venmo and open my trunk) but the issue here is that most local sellers dont know how to name the original NTR-001 DS. so I get a bunch of 3ds and Lites in the results.
A few months ago, I got a blue phat ds on ebay for $30. Pretty good condition. I searched up "Nintendo DS Launch Edition" and a bunch of results came up. Plenty of good deals on original DS's are on ebay, especially on titanium ones. I've seen some with plenty of photo evidence and a charger go for $15.

booleangemini

Post by booleangemini » Fri May 15, 2020 3:48 am

natecc wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:38 am
Rkfan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 am
enahsd wrote:

A few months ago, I got a blue phat ds on ebay for $30. Pretty good condition. I searched up "Nintendo DS Launch Edition" and a bunch of results came up. Plenty of good deals on original DS's are on ebay, especially on titanium ones. I've seen some with plenty of photo evidence and a charger go for $15.
yeah just get A stock GBA SP AGS-001 charger, they work with the DS and are dirt cheap, also Japanese DS's go for very cheap, even under $30 and DS's are region free.