When are the Original 3DS Capture Cards returning?

booleangemini

Re: When are the Original 3DS Capture Cards returning?

Post by booleangemini » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:55 am

whatagreatcoffee wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:43 am
PeeJayBonobo wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:25 am
whatagreatcoffee wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:19 am
Even though I bought a New Nintendo 2DS XL last year in case Loopy wanted to expand to capture card mod that model, I still have the first model 3DS to get modded too. I had to cover my bases in case Loopy didn't want to mod the first models, but this works out either way.

I mean, he could still try to make capture cards for the newer model 3DSes too later on. So I wouldn't mind having 2 3DSes modded.
I kind of envy you because you have less of a chance of being left out while I'm stuck with only one 3DS to work with (New Nintendo 3DS XL), and even then, I still need a circle pad replacement for mine because the replacement part I bought was defective and didn't work at all.

Though to be honest, I rermember Loopy stating that the OG 3DS models may come before the New 3DS models (New3DS, New3DSXL, New2DSXL), so I may still have a lot of waiting to do.
I'm not sure if Loopy will do the models beyond the original 3DS, but I want to say there is a demand since I would imagine a lot of people bought newer model 3Des too, and that's a market waiting to be "captured" :D
Especially since the optimize boards have a horrible failure rate mixed with the completely detached micro usb port that gets yanked on every time you remove it. Makes for a very scary and expensive capture card experience, especially because there is absolutely 0 warranty

auk

Post by auk » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:48 pm

What I'm hearing is, capture card 3DS gets a cable inserted in it and don't remove it.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:48 am

booleangemini wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:55 am
whatagreatcoffee wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:43 am
PeeJayBonobo wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:25 am

I kind of envy you because you have less of a chance of being left out while I'm stuck with only one 3DS to work with (New Nintendo 3DS XL), and even then, I still need a circle pad replacement for mine because the replacement part I bought was defective and didn't work at all.

Though to be honest, I rermember Loopy stating that the OG 3DS models may come before the New 3DS models (New3DS, New3DSXL, New2DSXL), so I may still have a lot of waiting to do.
I'm not sure if Loopy will do the models beyond the original 3DS, but I want to say there is a demand since I would imagine a lot of people bought newer model 3Des too, and that's a market waiting to be "captured" :D
Especially since the optimize boards have a horrible failure rate mixed with the completely detached micro usb port that gets yanked on every time you remove it. Makes for a very scary and expensive capture card experience, especially because there is absolutely 0 warranty
What a bullshit! Almost none failrate within 3000 boards and a 2 years warranty...
Can't belive to read such a statement..

booleangemini

Post by booleangemini » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:00 am

Talking about the new 3ds models, I thought you made a post yourself saying the new models failed because of damage to the separated usb port. The original 3ds and xl optimize boards have almost no failures as you say and they use usb mini b which is a much safer and less stressful connection, and the usb port is not separate from the boards on those models.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:55 am

No, I said before that install technique does matter and that many people are throwing all devices into one trunk.
But as there are 8 different Capture Card devices (including Loopys) they are so different as they only could. By simply saying that their USB port broke, because of the product is shitty is simply wrong.

The reasons why they broke is so different in many cases. Part of them is definately, because of a pretty bad install work (not from my shop).
But the over all concept of the baords is NOT bad, especially if it is considered that it is an addon board and difficult to mount in a very limited space.
So Loopys product if it ever face the world possibly might not be much better.
I personally could complain about a difficult way of installing them, but as I do the work I have to live with this. But this is something any end-customer does never face, as 99% would never ever be capable to mount it in first place.

So what is left is the care and attention that customer do pay to such a product.
And to be honest I have seen many ignorant ones that stated to me that they expect "such expensive devices MUST work no matter how they are treated the device" and this is totally wrong. This devices are not build or planed at the moment Nintendo decided to make them, so how can someone expect to have to rock stable, iron made position that never could fail even if you throw it down a canyon?
Again I can prove that from my installs 0.3% or less of "issues" occur, and this is including the ones where the customer blames his dog running throug the wires and the device hit the ground or little brother and such..
So such statement as you made before is just offend. The boards that Keity (Katsukitty) installed and that I'm installing since years are exactly the same, but I do the install different. Without having the samme complains. Simply check the Interent about "merki and Caputre Cards".

booleangemini

Post by booleangemini » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:07 am

Tecd0c wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:55 am
No, I said before that install technique does matter and that many people are throwing all devices into one trunk.
But as there are 8 different Capture Card devices (including Loopys) they are so different as they only could. By simply saying that their USB port broke, because of the product is shitty is simply wrong.

The reasons why they broke is so different in many cases. Part of them is definately, because of a pretty bad install work (not from my shop).
But the over all concept of the baords is NOT bad, especially if it is considered that it is an addon board and difficult to mount in a very limited space.
So Loopys product if it ever face the world possibly might not be much better.
I personally could complain about a difficult way of installing them, but as I do the work I have to live with this. But this is something any end-customer does never face, as 99% would never ever be capable to mount it in first place.

So what is left is the care and attention that customer do pay to such a product.
And to be honest I have seen many ignorant ones that stated to me that they expect "such expensive devices MUST work no matter how they are treated the device" and this is totally wrong.
Again I can prove that from my installs 0.3% or less of "issues" occur, and this is including the ones where the customer blames his dog running throug the wires and the device hit the ground or little brother and such..
So such statement as you made before is just offend. The boards that Keity (Katsukitty) installed and that I'm installing since years are exactly the same, but I do the install different. Without having the samme complains. Simply check the Interent about "merki and Caputre Cards".
Look I'm really sorry for offending you, I know that katsukity poorly installed boards and that people like you try their hardest to install them to never fail. I just misunderstood the difference in affect between the separate usb port and the installation process. I had previously thought that both were an extremely difficult factor to work around. But clearly you're expertise in installing these boards is beyond most of our comprehension, so I sincerely apologize for that. I guess the notion that the New 3DS boards have a high failure rate was only perpetuated by katsukity's lack of care while installing these boards. Also I wasn't referring to your business when I made the warranty quote, rather katsukity, again. I'm sure you take great pride in the boards you install so it was quite insensitive of me to not clarify that. I guess the jist of my statement was wrong, yet I still believe it's much more easier and economical to get a 3ds/xl board rather than a new 3ds board. But that's simply my opinion

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:20 am

I accept your decision on the old 3DS XL!
But let me repeat one thing - you stated that "optimize boards", were having a horrible failure rate.
So of course I take this personal, as this boards were installed by Keity and me. But Keity is since one and a half years broke and will not return, but I was offering my install service before and after they broke. And since they broke I sold and installed 1400 devices. But how many complains you can find in total about my work...

And yes I accept your apologize, as everything beyond would be just childish of me..

Destructive Idiot

Post by Destructive Idiot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Can we get an estimated time for when the 3DS capture cards will be ready to sell?

I understand if Loopy doesn't want to give us an ETA so that it's truly a first-come first-served market; I just thought it would be nice not having to check the site every single day.

auk

Post by auk » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:54 am

Yeah, I actually check it several times a day because I *really* want to get one, even though this privilege costs nearly $300 Canadian.

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Some of us have been doing so for a few years. It becomes a daily routine.