Will anyone ever make New 3DS Capture cards again?

booleangemini

Re: Will anyone ever make New 3DS Capture cards again?

Post by booleangemini » Sun May 10, 2020 10:53 pm

NeedsZeebs wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:34 pm
evolution219 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:44 pm
hey merki,

yeah id love to make the new 3ds cap cards but they are an absolute pain to install, i have succeeded on 3/5 installs so it just isn't financially viable.
how small are those smd contacts??? like damn

i think i'll leave them to you lol

im making plenty of the og ds , og3ds and og3dsxl for the small/hobby sized business i want to be as sadly life commitments mean i cant make them full time at least for a while :cry:

and you took your break at the perfect time my last 2 orders have taken 6 weeks plus in shipping from japan :cry:
I have been on the lookout checking this website every day for months trying to find an OG DS Capture card, i dont even care about the 3ds boards.. If I read what you've written correctly you're making plenty of the OG DS boards to sell? I am HIGHLY interested in buying one or more off you lol. I've had an OG DS sitting on my shelf for like 8 months that I bought way back when and planned to send in to Loopy to have it installed, but I understand he's been having some difficulty with shipping and suppliers backed up... I would be happy to purchase one off you if you have any ready? :D
Only loopy makes OG DS capture Boards. Sellers like Paul, Evo, and Merki are suppliers of loopy in different regions. We're all frustrated here. We all have had to wait close to 9 months for loopy to maybe restock. But No one should worry. Last time Loopy restocked his stock lasted for almost 2 years. I'm sure he will be prepared for the demand for these boards, when he does finally open up payments.

NeedsZeebs

Post by NeedsZeebs » Mon May 11, 2020 1:43 am

Well then I will not worry! Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Deleted User 10542

Post by Deleted User 10542 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:50 am

I didn’t want to wait until August to find out if I would be able to get my New 3DS XL modded, so I just got through emailing Merki. He said he will not be modding any more New 3DS/New 3DS XL consoles, which means people can’t send their consoles in to his location in Germany for modding anymore. He just sells pre-modded New 2DS XLs, but will not be selling pre-modded New 3DS/New 3DS XLs nor modding anyone’s consoles. I think it is possible that he might change his mind later though.

Back to my earlier point for starting this thread. I hope that in a few years, someone will come up with an easier way to mod the New 3DS consoles. At one point, everyone said it was impossible to make an alternative for the GameCube component cables, but now there are HDMI mods and adapters for the GameCube. I hope the New 3DS capture card business isn’t over for good.

MissMerdur00

Post by MissMerdur00 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:50 am

Came here to find a straight answer about this ...

I too have a New 3DS and heard about installed capture cards, usually I stream my Switch, PS4, PC, etc ... However my daughter mentioned that she saw someone streaming from their 3DS which raised my curiosity - Only to find out that they are possible but not all at the same time LOL!

I gave my old 3DS to my daughter, so I wouldn't be able to take it back - So I was hoping to have one installed on the N3DS, but alas, looks like going the route of an Emulator is all I can do. I suppose I was a bit weary on the idea of sending my N3DS to some stranger anyways, but was willing to go that extra mile. Just saddens me that something that's so sought after is so limited at the same time.

Hopefully Nintendo will just smarten up and just add it to future models down the line, or offer a way for a regular Capture Card to do the trick, especially with how "in" game streaming is these days. Until then ... Emulator lol.

Deleted User 10542

Post by Deleted User 10542 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:32 am

There will be no future models of the 3DS.

MissMerdur00

Post by MissMerdur00 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:11 pm

Well, that's a bummer, I suppose I never really looked into it.

That said, I've been reaching out to others that offer the installation on the N3DS - A shop in WI (nextdoor neighbor state) offers doing it, so debating that option.

Otherwise, I have no issues using an Emulator.

Deleted User 10542

Post by Deleted User 10542 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:15 pm

Could you give me the contact information of that shop? Merki told me to contact him in August, which is not far from now, but it’s still a maybe. He may decide not to do it after all this waiting. If you know someone else who could do it, I would appreciate it if you could tell me who they are.

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Another installer can be reached here https://twitter.com/EvoCapture1 Not sure if he does N3DS though

Deleted User 10542

Post by Deleted User 10542 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:00 am

What do any of you like about this Merki guy? He made me wait three full months, just so he can say no to me. He told me during May to check back with him in August about installing a 3DS capture card into my system. I don’t understand why you guys respect him and like him so much. He doesn’t give a damn about helping people who need his services.

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:50 pm

sdaker wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:00 am
What do any of you like about this Merki guy? He made me wait three full months, just so he can say no to me. He told me during May to check back with him in August about installing a 3DS capture card into my system. I don’t understand why you guys respect him and like him so much. He doesn’t give a damn about helping people who need his services.

He's taking a break right now, to heal his mental health. Probably because of people like you pestering him all the time. He is valued in the community for his hard work and clean mods. Give the guy a break maybe his personal life is a bit more important atm than getting ya'll some modded Nintendos.......