Question regarding streaming with multiple capture cards at once.

Nugzander

Question regarding streaming with multiple capture cards at once.

Post by Nugzander » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:59 am

I recently received my 4 brick DS's back from loopy with all the cap cards installed and everything works fine. He even gave me an extra stylus I was missing and fixed the broken hinge on my childhood ds for free. If you're reading this loopy, you're a legend and I can't thank you enough.

Now onto my question, I installed the ds capture software and it works just fine and I noticed it said if I want to record the gameplay in another software I would have to use one that uses screencap. Which I'm using obs studio to stream and it can screencap. Streaming on obs with just one ds is no problem, but as I'm a shiny hunter I MUCH MUCH prefer to hunt on multiple systems. The problem is that using the ds capture software provided by loopy it can only record gameplay from one ds at a time as far as I can tell, I'm played around with all the options and I just can't figure it out myself. I know it's possible cause many of my fellow shiny hunting streamers are able to stream multiple systems at once with loopy capture cards, in the same obs studio that I use.

So if anyone could tell me how I would be able to achieve streaming my ds gameplay on multiple systems at once, I would very much appreciate it. Sorry to bother you all with what may seem like a stupid question but I am new to streaming and recording gameplay in general.

- Nugzander

desocietas

Re: Question regarding streaming with multiple capture cards at once.

Post by desocietas » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:22 am

I see you already posted on the older thread with the same question, but you don't need to download it more than once. Just click on the application more than once to open it for additional instances.

Nugzander

Post by Nugzander » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:29 am

I thought I had tried that and it didnt work but I'll try again thank you!!

Nugzander

Post by Nugzander » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:31 am

and also has anyone run into a problem with the ds screen flashing on and off in the ds capture software? it did it for me I restarted my computer and that fixed it at first but when I closed and opened it again it started flashing again. anyone had this problem before?

Nugzander

Post by Nugzander » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:42 am

I've figured out my initial question but now i am dealing with another problem where my gameplay is flashing in the ds capture software and It's never done this before. It's not the cables, the cables are brand new. So a mod can close this thread cause my initial question has been answered but I do need help with this flashing problem I'm having

Nugzander

Post by Nugzander » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:56 am

desocietas wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:22 am
I see you already posted on the older thread with the same question, but you don't need to download it more than once. Just click on the application more than once to open it for additional instances.
Do you possibly know why my screens are flashing in the ds capture software? I didn't have this problem for the last week until just now when you gave me the solution to the first problem I had, which worked by the way thank you. But I was really hoping to stream some gen 3 shiny hunts tonight so I wanna figure this out asap, but if you don't know how to help i understand but thanks either way for fixing my first problem.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:29 pm

Are you able to change which USB ports you use? There are a few threads that talk about the flashing issue. Sometimes it's resolved with OBS, sometimes it's resolved by just changing the USB ports used: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5557