N3DS progress..

lanuigi3ds

Re: N3DS progress..

Post by lanuigi3ds » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:51 am

loopy wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:40 am
lanuigi3ds wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:04 am
Its okay to send the console in now then? I saw this up still the whole time but didn't know you are still taking them in.
Yes, you can send it in.
I only put them up a day ago. Didn't bother making a big announcement about it, because there's only a few of them.
Sorry for the bother. Just checking do you notify people when you receive the console or at least do you have mine? It doesn't have to be done or anything but just making sure the console made it in one piece.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:59 pm

lanuigi3ds wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:51 am
loopy wrote:
lanuigi3ds wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:04 am
Its okay to send the console in now then? I saw this up still the whole time but didn't know you are still taking them in.
Yes, you can send it in.
I only put them up a day ago. Didn't bother making a big announcement about it, because there's only a few of them.
Sorry for the bother. Just checking do you notify people when you receive the console or at least do you have mine? It doesn't have to be done or anything but just making sure the console made it in one piece.
I think this still holds up:
loopy wrote:
Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:00 am
If I got it last week, it will go out sometime this week.

My current workload: http://3dscapture.com/tmp/boxes.jpg
I'm trying not to get more than a week behind. I CAN keep up, if you'll let me. For every innocuous "hey, did you get my 3DS?" I have to spend another 10 minutes digging through that pile so I can say "Yup, here it is."

qliphoth

Post by qliphoth » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:45 pm

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. Just wanted to be sure the package got there. I'm in no rush for you to work on it.

mrbisco

Post by mrbisco » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:31 pm

Why don't you guys just check your tracking?

qliphoth

Post by qliphoth » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:44 pm

I actually did. It arrived but I'm a bit paranoid it went to a wrong address or something, is all.

lanuigi3ds

Post by lanuigi3ds » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:09 am

triple_lei wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:59 pm
lanuigi3ds wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:51 am
loopy wrote:

Yes, you can send it in.
I think this still holds up:
loopy wrote:
Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:00 am
If I got it last week, it will go out sometime this week.

My current workload: http://3dscapture.com/tmp/boxes.jpg
I'm trying not to get more than a week behind. I CAN keep up, if you'll let me. For every innocuous "hey, did you get my 3DS?" I have to spend another 10 minutes digging through that pile so I can say "Yup, here it is."
Thanks for the info. I can imagine he would get annoyed by so many people asking and also imagine people just wanted to be extra sure since these consoles are hundreds of dollars that they got to the right place. No harm on both sides. But glad to see this. Thanks for helping out. I'll just believe things are good and go with that.

mrmaster767

Post by mrmaster767 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:42 pm

I feel like boards pop up and disappear so quickly. I'm looking every hour now rather then every day. Just gotta keep playing the waiting game lol.

Csurge

Post by Csurge » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:44 pm

mrmaster767 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:42 pm
I feel like boards pop up and disappear so quickly. I'm looking every hour now rather then every day. Just gotta keep playing the waiting game lol.
I can’t lie to you, me and a few people got lucky being on here at 4am hearing Loopy had a few leftover from his last batch. If I’m not mistaken, a few pages back he said that it could possibly be available again Mid to Late May

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:18 pm

Just poking in to ask about my own personal checklist to see where any of these might be sitting. Now that the 3DS eShop is dead and Nintendo considers the handheld completely EOL, the prices for these are skyrocketing fast due to inventory limitations. I'm hoping to do a little prod to see how realistic a capture setup is for me and if I need to make some drastic changes or not to get it all running.

My current hopeful checklist is:

• New 3DS card: I own this smaller model, and as previously mentioned, the prices for the XL are skyrocketing fast. If the n3DS card is not really in consideration for a while still, I may need to consider trying to acquire one before the price goes too far out of reach.

• Mac support: I have to keep prodding this here and there just due to the admittedly lower percentile of interest, but it's a pretty big thing for me due to just how empty the current options are. As of now, the only usable capture system is video only on a software that hasn't been touched in years. The developer(s) have also mentioned that they no longer have time to work on it, and it's just stuck at this stage now. There's been mentions of both paths, but either having CuteCapture or the official software catch up on Mac support with audio support through the cable, or having a universally usable OBS plugin to capture directly into the OBS app is what I'm sitting on. For context, to get it to run on CuteCapture right now, you need the microUSB cable for video, the charger to keep the battery topped during streaming, a USB-C to USB adapter, a 3.5mm splitter for a mic input, and an AUX cable for the audio. Even with this absolute soup of crossed cables, most of the time I can't get the audio to work reliably. It's something that I've tried to troubleshoot on GitHub for a while to no avail. Just for this, I have a whole separate PC setup just for this capture card, and I'd just love for a Mac option to become available somewhere and I can get rid of it for my actually used computer. Longer term for sure, but I'd love to know if this is still being considered.

• Charging through cable: I'm a little unsure on the status of this, but it was discussed a bit earlier as a poll with no follow up as of yet, so I'd love to know. Do the current new capture cards allow for charging the battery alongside the video/audio output through that one USB-C port? I ask this because there was a post contemplating if for a possible n3DS card, replacing the original charging port would make the card fit best. With the port gone, I would imagine a card like that would allow this feature? I was wondering if this is already the case on the current n3DSXL cards.

I did need to expand on some of these, but the TL;DR is: is there a n3DS card realistically in production (if not I may have to find an XL before the prices get even worse), and with the capture software getting some more attention, is there any hope that we can get Mac support for it (which would potentially remove 2 adapters and 2 cables from a tangled setup)?

Even if there's no realistic near-future plans for the n3DS, if at the least the capture software can get some support on Mac like the current Windows one does, then I could stomach shelling out the combined $600 CAD+ for a n3DSXL and the mod itself with shipping. It's a really high cost to consider however, if just like my o3DS card, I own it 3+ years and the Mac just stays stagnant and unusable for streaming.

Sorry again to always prod about this, it may even be annoying since I've done it over a semi-long period of time now. However, I do need to keep showing interest in it so Mac users can hope for something usable. We'll jump through the hoops of acquiring a correct model of the 3DS and to pay for the mod, but we can't do anything if the software won't ever budge.

Newt

Post by Newt » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:38 am

loopy wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:15 pm
system6432 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:21 pm
Sad. I really sucked at shadow drops. Will the next shipments also be in small/few quantities?
There's still a couple left. There's a LOT more in the next shipment, they should stay up for a while.

Maybe I should just start allowing preorders right now...
Please! I missed both the first batch and this second drop, checking randomly and still missed hahh.