Mac version?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Mac version?

Post by loopy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:33 pm

MKGirlism wrote:I have a feeling this App will never come, or even, has never been made.
Last visited: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:47 am

Maybe. Who knows. I haven't heard any more than you.

Joeyboy

Post by Joeyboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:06 pm

:? Hm so is there anyway to capture 3ds gameplay and use it if I only have a Mac?

I am VERY interested in this product

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:09 pm

I think it works through Boot Camp - but I'm not speaking from experience, maybe someone else can confirm.

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 pm

loopy wrote:I think it works through Boot Camp - but I'm not speaking from experience, maybe someone else can confirm.
It does work through Boot Camp, but the main problem for most us Mac users is that Macbooks don't have a line or mic-in port. It is combined with the headphone port,but only the Mac side can understand that. :(

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Boot Camp is nothing more than a Dual Boot Installer for Macs, so it obviously works.
However, a Windows license is required, just like a Dual Boot Installation on any other PC.

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:14 pm

MKGirlism wrote:I have a feeling this App will never come, or even, has never been made.
It will come.
poketon96 wrote:I don't know how Smooch has been doing, but the 15th is coming up and I'm 2 videos away from finishing my current LP of Sonic Heroes. (...) Not to rush Smooch or anything, but can you give us an update?
Yes, I said 15th and so it will be. Please be patient. I apologize that it didn't release earlier, but I explained the reasons for that. The application IS happening... I just want to add some features I believe are necessary for a beta release.

For those of you that cannot wait any longer (or don't believe I am writing it...), an alfa version can be found here: DualCapture alfa.

:!: USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. :!:
Recording using this version may not always work correctly. Sometimes it does, but especially on a computer with lower specifications it can fail. I am looking it to that problem. It is caused by the fact that recording cannot handle frame drops at the moment. There are more bugs and missing features. Audio recording is not working for example. These will be fixed in the release for monday.

Mac OS X 10.7 is required, as the application uses the new 64-bits AVFoundation. It is tested on 10.7 and 10.8. I don't even know how it will react on older systems (probably won't run).

As to whether to make it open-source: if people like to and if loopy is okay with revealing details.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Smooch wrote:As to whether to make it open-source: if people like to and if loopy is okay with revealing details.
I don't mind. It's mostly your code, so I leave it up to you. The board reading code is nothing special, I'm not trying to keep it secret or anything.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:27 pm

First Feedback, and now already a negative one:

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Didn't work for me either.
Mac mini / OSX 10.7.5 / 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB 1333MHz DDR3

Joeyboy

Post by Joeyboy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:22 pm

poketon96 wrote:It does work through Boot Camp, but the main problem for most us Mac users is that Macbooks don't have a line or mic-in port. It is combined with the headphone port,but only the Mac side can understand that. :(
So what exactly does this mean? It can record but it won't pick up audio?

Also with this app thats been put out that just lets a Mac record using the 3ds capture card?