The "How do I buy one?" thread

Re: The "How do I buy one?" thread

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Is there any plan of supporting the 3DS XL in the future?

Lumario

Post by Lumario » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:01 pm

I live in Australia, just wondering the following - Never bought anything overseas before:

1) I'm still debating whether or not I order the capture board and have my brother install it or send my AU 3DS to loopy to have him install the capture card. Its safe to assume that the capture card works with a PAL/AU 3DS?

2) Which courier company should I use (as far as I'm aware Auspost will refuse to ship things internationally that contain lithum batteries)

3) Regarding the software - Can the software set the capture to be fullscreen so I can then clone the or extend the display of my laptop to a TV (I would also use a similar approach for streaming too, just share the entirety of a secondary display)

Thanks in advance :)

Minimit

Post by Minimit » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Lumario wrote:I live in Australia, just wondering the following - Never bought anything overseas before:

1) I'm still debating whether or not I order the capture board and have my brother install it or send my AU 3DS to loopy to have him install the capture card. Its safe to assume that the capture card works with a PAL/AU 3DS?

2) Which courier company should I use (as far as I'm aware Auspost will refuse to ship things internationally that contain lithum batteries)

3) Regarding the software - Can the software set the capture to be fullscreen so I can then clone the or extend the display of my laptop to a TV (I would also use a similar approach for streaming too, just share the entirety of a secondary display)

1. The capture board works on all regions of the 3DS.

2. I am not sure as I do not live in Australia, but shipping the battery should not be a problem.

3. The window for the capture software can be split into two segments; one for the top screen and one for the bottom screen, which can be moved and size independently of each other. Download the capture software here: http://3dscapture.com/3ds_capture.2.10.zip.

CardGamer

Post by CardGamer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:08 pm

loopy wrote:[Update 11/9/2013]
Boards are sold out right now. I'm getting more made, it'll be a few weeks. I don't have an ETA yet.
Will they be out before Christmas because I really need one of these.

animal123

Post by animal123 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Are they going to be in soon?

shadowofchaos

Post by shadowofchaos » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:12 am

Lumario wrote: 1) I'm still debating whether or not I order the capture board and have my brother install it or send my AU 3DS to loopy to have him install the capture card. Its safe to assume that the capture card works with a PAL/AU 3DS?
I do believe loopy doesn't sell the boards by themselves anymore, due to the failure rate and having to send it in anyway.

Anyways, I can confirm that the board works for all regions of regular 3DSs:

scott.tregenza

Post by scott.tregenza » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 am

Lumario wrote:I live in Australia, just wondering the following - Never bought anything overseas before:

Yes, it will work for an Aussie 3DS

Cod

Post by Cod » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:57 pm

still waiting to post an order.

Mactin

Post by Mactin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Hoping the capture card would be available before the holiday.

Doridonto

Post by Doridonto » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:37 am

Mactin wrote:Hoping the capture card would be available before the holiday.
I'm right there with you. I've had money set over since mid November to buy one the minute they go up.