USB audio test

Flare

Re: USB audio test

Post by Flare » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:52 am

loopy wrote:
Flare wrote:Hello everyone and great work on the Audio Loopy, it's really nice to have less cords around, but I've been having a similar issue to a few others in the thread regarding the quality. I'm not sure if it's on my end or not, but using the headphone jack, the audio sounds better. Through USB the audio sounds kind of far away.

I want to be able to use the USB audio because I love having less cords, but music in games don't sound as clear.

Edit:
I figured it out and it was probably already said before, but you need something occupying the headphone jack to get the superior headphone quality. If you don't, then you get reduced sound which is used for the regular 3ds speaker I'm assuming. Would be cool if there was another way to trick the 3ds into thinking headphones are in besides having something in the jack.
The 3DS switches from surround sound to stereo when you plug in headphones. Change your sound setting to stereo, it should have the same effect. No need to "trick" your 3DS.

Unless your 3DS is hooked up to a surround sound system, it shouldn't be set to surround anyway. You won't get any benefit from it.
Thank you for that, most 3DS's are set to surround sound by default I believe, but this patches up the problem completely. This should be mentioned on the front page because I know tons of people were having this issue.

VideogameScrapbook

Post by VideogameScrapbook » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Does anybody know if you can switch easily between using the beta that has 3D support and using the latest version with USB audio? I would like to use the USB audio for some games while still having the option to use 3D at other times.

I haven't tried myself because I'm afraid of the changelog that says "v2.11 - Downgrades firmware (from 3D beta version)."

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:00 pm

VideogameScrapbook wrote:Does anybody know if you can switch easily between using the beta that has 3D support and using the latest version with USB audio? I would like to use the USB audio for some games while still having the option to use 3D at other times.

I haven't tried myself because I'm afraid of the changelog that says "v2.11 - Downgrades firmware (from 3D beta version)."
It'll make you reflash the board firmware each time you switch versions. It won't hurt anything to switch back and forth, and it's not hard to do... just be careful not to unplug the 3DS in the middle of an update or the board will stop working.

Maestro Hazard

Post by Maestro Hazard » Wed May 07, 2014 2:24 am

Quick Question for any that might know,

I am starting to record LPs of my game library, just something I'm doing in my spare time for fun, and would really like to get this, but I wanted to know: Does the audio that gets recorded include any voiceover work that is done?

I typically put my headphones in so that no sound is heard except in my ears, and use my camera to record audio, mainly because I have a high quality shotgun mic with the camera. I just seperate the audio from the video, convert it to an MP3 file, then add the audio to the recorded gameplay footage. Would the capture card pic up what I am saying though my computer's mic, or is the only audio captured form the game itself?

Thanks in advance for any help!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri May 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Maestro Hazard wrote:Quick Question for any that might know,

I am starting to record LPs of my game library, just something I'm doing in my spare time for fun, and would really like to get this, but I wanted to know: Does the audio that gets recorded include any voiceover work that is done?

I typically put my headphones in so that no sound is heard except in my ears, and use my camera to record audio, mainly because I have a high quality shotgun mic with the camera. I just seperate the audio from the video, convert it to an MP3 file, then add the audio to the recorded gameplay footage. Would the capture card pic up what I am saying though my computer's mic, or is the only audio captured form the game itself?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Depends on your computer. The capture software just plays back the 3DS audio, and it records from whatever sources your sound card presents to it (line in, mic in, etc.) Some computers have a "stereo mix" option, which is basically whatever you hear coming from your speakers -- so that's what you would want to use, if you want to mix 3DS + audio voiceover.

Sometimes it's hidden or disabled. http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2007/ ... g-in-vista
Some computers don't have it at all. Updating your sound drivers might help. Or you can install extra software like this. Or record everything with a separate program.

I know, the capture software is still kinda lacking in the audio recording department. I want to add recording direct from 3DS instead of relying on the sound card but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Post by Guest » Sun May 11, 2014 8:37 am

Just updated to the latest version to get USB audio, was not expecting to lose the ability to record in 3D.
Any chance of this making a return soon?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue May 13, 2014 5:07 pm

I suppose I should work on it again. The topic rarely comes up here, nobody seems to care about 3D so it's kinda fallen off the radar.

Post by Guest » Wed May 14, 2014 8:12 am

Personally, I primarily record in 3D, as well as using it with my 3D display. I understand that it isn't the highest of priorities though. What was previously there in the 3D beta seemed perfect to me, how much trouble would that be to re-implement?

Rayquaza3010

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:20 am

I recorded a video a few minutes ago. Now the sound is very quiet because I lowered the volume while recording. Is there a way to record video/audio over USB without making the volume of the PC very high? In the audio settings "Stereo Mix" is selected.

Darrell3h

Post by Darrell3h » Sun May 18, 2014 10:47 am

Rayquaza3010 wrote:I recorded a video a few minutes ago. Now the sound is very quiet because I lowered the volume while recording. Is there a way to record video/audio over USB without making the volume of the PC very high? In the audio settings "Stereo Mix" is selected.
You can max out the volume on your computer when you have an AUX cord plugged into your computers audio out port to get the full loudness or go into your recording devices and make raise the amplification of stereo mix!