3DS XL Capture Card available before ORAS?

ThePokeResort

3DS XL Capture Card available before ORAS?

Post by ThePokeResort » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Hey Loopy,
You've been saying for a while now that the 3DS XL capture boards would be "finished soon". You also said they would for sure be available before Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire would be out too. I've been waiting for yours specifically from what you've been saying since late August to purchase from you, but should I still be counting on you to have them soon because nothing seems to have happened yet? Is there an update at all coming soon from the XL capture boards??
Last edited by ThePokeResort on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gRuFtY

Re: 3DS XL Capture Card available before ORAS?

Post by gRuFtY » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:17 am

I think this post might help you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1810&start=60#p8743

Also, I believe loopy said somewhere, new capture boards for the regular 3DS will be finished before ORAS, but don't quote me on that. I think he expects those to be available next week or so. (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1939#p8848)

ThePokeResort

Post by ThePokeResort » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm only looking for the 3DS XL though. I can't afford to buy another 3DS to get a capture board installed, which was why I was really relying on what Loopy said about the 3DS XL boards to be finished before ORAS. My channel is probably going to do really bad for the rest of the year now that everyone will be watching the channels that are posting about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and I can't due to not having a board installed.

RossoFinale

Post by RossoFinale » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:59 pm

ThePokeResort wrote:I'm only looking for the 3DS XL though. I can't afford to buy another 3DS to get a capture board installed, which was why I was really relying on what Loopy said about the 3DS XL boards to be finished before ORAS. My channel is probably going to do really bad for the rest of the year now that everyone will be watching the channels that are posting about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and I can't due to not having a board installed.
In a (somewhat) similar position as you actually. But I caved in and bought a used 3DS (For a pretty cheap price if you get it from Nintendo's online store actually), so I'm just waiting for whichever board is available first but I'm still contemplating as to if I should really just wait it out for the 3DS XL one to be available but that's still up in the air.

Lucario-Player

Post by Lucario-Player » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:05 am

I'll repeat what I posted at the beginning of last month, where I wouldn't rely on waiting until loopy is done. The XL's have been in the process of being made for well over a year... actually close to over 1 and 1/2 years and people need to remember he is the only person running this operation so he can't do 2 things at once... (such as try to get the normal 3DS devices done, the XL models finished, the gamecube mod done, look at the New 3DSes, etc.)

So seeing all this does make me feel sorry for him at times, especially close to big releases like this but people need to remember...

He is only one person.

Also, if you want the post I am referring to above, click here (he even says here that he hates giving ETAs for this exact reason too)

ThePokeResort

Post by ThePokeResort » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:30 am

Wow, I had no idea that it was going on for this long! I just only knew about it for the past 4 months and didn't know he's been saying this since before X and Y came out. I really wanted to go through him, but I guess it will have to be through Katsukity cuz I need it by Friday. I really wanted to go through loopy too, but I just can't wait any longer.

Lucario-Player

Post by Lucario-Player » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:47 am

I'll just give a warning that a few people have said on here (haven't had the experience with him yet but I'll be getting a VITA capture device soon from him) that I've heard some stories with him and if you want to have the IR port intact to make sure you request that (I heard on these forums that it needs to be requested otherwise that will be where the USB port goes)

However with loopy I do know he's said he is almost done so I don't know how far he is to completion of the XL models, but since I have only heard of test models being done and that's it, I don't think the XL model will be finished before ORAS.

But yeah, while loopy does have the better model (which I know people would agree with me on that lol) again, he is the only one that has been working on these and so it does take time, it took about 1 and 1/2 years for the audio through USB function to be added due to how much time he has, but he did get that done as of around March. (which does make things a lot easier I will say lol)

ThePokeResort

Post by ThePokeResort » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:41 am

Lucario-Player wrote:I'll just give a warning that a few people have said on here (haven't had the experience with him yet but I'll be getting a VITA capture device soon from him) that I've heard some stories with him and if you want to have the IR port intact to make sure you request that (I heard on these forums that it needs to be requested otherwise that will be where the USB port goes)

However with loopy I do know he's said he is almost done so I don't know how far he is to completion of the XL models, but since I have only heard of test models being done and that's it, I don't think the XL model will be finished before ORAS.

But yeah, while loopy does have the better model (which I know people would agree with me on that lol) again, he is the only one that has been working on these and so it does take time, it took about 1 and 1/2 years for the audio through USB function to be added due to how much time he has, but he did get that done as of around March. (which does make things a lot easier I will say lol)
Yea I looked it up and it costs an extra 20 bucks for them not to install in in the IR port, but it doesn't matter since I have a 3DS XL already so I will just use that DS I own if I need an infra red port. I also heard loopy can fix katsukity's board in case if anything happens to mine so I can always go to him to get a minor repair done if anything happens.

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:17 am

ThePokeResort wrote:Yea I looked it up and it costs an extra 20 bucks for them not to install in in the IR port, but it doesn't matter since I have a 3DS XL already so I will just use that DS I own if I need an infra red port. I also heard loopy can fix katsukity's board in case if anything happens to mine so I can always go to him to get a minor repair done if anything happens.
Keep in mind that if you do switch whatever 3ds you're playing on, you won't be able to also carry over your NNID (and you'll only be able to switch if you have a physical copy). It's not really an optimal setup.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Czar_Yoshi wrote:
ThePokeResort wrote:Yea I looked it up and it costs an extra 20 bucks for them not to install in in the IR port, but it doesn't matter since I have a 3DS XL already so I will just use that DS I own if I need an infra red port. I also heard loopy can fix katsukity's board in case if anything happens to mine so I can always go to him to get a minor repair done if anything happens.
Keep in mind that if you do switch whatever 3ds you're playing on, you won't be able to also carry over your NNID (and you'll only be able to switch if you have a physical copy). It's not really an optimal setup.
Actually, you can transfer over your NNID just as long as the system you're transferring your data to is formatted first.