Sooooo.....

jamezfat

Re: Sooooo.....

Post by jamezfat » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:14 pm

loopy wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:05 pm
montejeu wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:23 pm
What's the possibility of a controller mod for the new 3ds? None? Low?
None. Sorry.
I regret ever making it, TBH. It took a lot of time and they don't sell. It's too difficult for the average person to install, and N3DS would be even harder to work with.
say, if that's the case- I might step in and see what I can do myself.

that is if I can finish some of the projects I already have on my plate lol

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:29 pm

jamezfat wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:14 pm
loopy wrote:
montejeu wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:23 pm
What's the possibility of a controller mod for the new 3ds? None? Low?
None. Sorry.
I regret ever making it, TBH. It took a lot of time and they don't sell. It's too difficult for the average person to install, and N3DS would be even harder to work with.

The cstick wasn’t that complicated to figure out. It’s just two strain gauges. I was able to control it with either a 1m variable resistor to sink current or an npn transistor to source current. I’m just not experienced with making an mcu control it. It’s also rotated 45 degrees. I wanted to see if I could use an arduino to do it, but it doesn’t look like it can sink or source a variable current like an mcu can?

jamezfat

Post by jamezfat » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:26 pm

montejeu wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:29 pm
jamezfat wrote:
loopy wrote:

None. Sorry.

The cstick wasn’t that complicated to figure out. It’s just two strain gauges. I was able to control it with either a 1m variable resistor to sink current or an npn transistor to source current. I’m just not experienced with making an mcu control it. It’s also rotated 45 degrees. I wanted to see if I could use an arduino to do it, but it doesn’t look like it can sink or source a variable current like an mcu can?
yea, i've found a good bit of write up on it. i had thought about trying to actually do something with it for a while now tbh. just haven't gotten around to it. and kinda figured loopy would beat me to the punch anyway- so i wasn't really pushing to do it lol

on a separate note:
I've also been thinking about ordering a chameleon board and seeing how they work. but thats money i dont really want to spend rn.
does anybody have some writeups on it i could look at?

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:23 pm

jamezfat wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:26 pm
montejeu wrote:
jamezfat wrote:

yea, i've found a good bit of write up on it. i had thought about trying to actually do something with it for a while now tbh. just haven't gotten around to it. and kinda figured loopy would beat me to the punch anyway- so i wasn't really pushing to do it lol

on a separate note:
I've also been thinking about ordering a chameleon board and seeing how they work. but thats money i dont really want to spend rn.
A write up on the cstick or what? The cstick just has four wires and I was thinking of making a prototype with maybe two or four npn transistors and using an arduino to control how much current flows through the pairs.

jamezfat

Post by jamezfat » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:58 pm

montejeu wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:23 pm
jamezfat wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:26 pm
montejeu wrote:

on a separate note:
A write up on the cstick or what? The cstick just has four wires and I was thinking of making a prototype with maybe two or four npn transistors and using an arduino to control how much current flows through the pairs.
no, i know about that. im talking about the chameleon boards that are used for 3ds capture. not loopy's but the ones that katsukitty used
(edit)

these things
http://optimize.ath.cx/shopv2_2/chuumon.html#spa3

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:49 pm

Is that a board that can be easily purchased? Would it even be useful in a n3ds? I guess they both have the same resolution?

jamezfat

Post by jamezfat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:24 am

montejeu wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:49 pm
Is that a board that can be easily purchased? Would it even be useful in a n3ds? I guess they both have the same resolution?
easily purchased?
no not really. unless you live in japan. then its a snap

useful in a new 3ds? yes, its the same board used for the 3ds, XL, 2ds, new systems, vita, and switch even. its quite versatile.

edit, i should make that more clear.
they all seem to be variations on the same design. between the different systems.
i only started poking around today tbh, so i've yet to come up with a ton of concretes.

sorry. i reread that and immediately it sounded like they all used the same physical board. i believe that its just the chip-set and such that's shared

edit 2.
yea, the boards all seem to use the same fpga. the (xilinx spartan 3A)
from what i can tell, they all have the same components, the difference being size/shape, what the fpga is configured as, and the software key you get.
other than that, they all seem to be the same board as what i had posted earlier.
Last edited by jamezfat on Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:44 am

If they can be easily ordered in Japan then why doesn't anyone do that? This is the exact card katsukity was using? So they were just the installer? Not the developer?

jamezfat

Post by jamezfat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:36 am

montejeu wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:44 am
If they can be easily ordered in Japan then why doesn't anyone do that? This is the exact card katsukity was using? So they were just the installer? Not the developer?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they do installs there too.

and yea this is what katsukitty used

conspiracy theory time, that *is* katsukitty, and katsukitty was just their fancy storefront used for international work.
idk lol. kinda hard to peice whatever deals went between people. but it is known that keity used these

"This equipment is assembled referring to the idea of Mr. LOOPY and cameleon team."
an excerpt from katsukittys site when it was still up

who knows, maybe they were just blindly buying and reselling these, idk
maybe they were getting clone boards made based off of the specs of the chameleon board.

whatever it is, im 100% certain keity used these

and in terms of why they are'nt more popular, idk- i had to do a good lot of digging to find it actually

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:55 am

Interesting. Or maybe they finally caught on and that's why katsukity is gone? Too bad it doesn't appear they are selling the new 3ds boards alone. I'm curious on how it is wired up. Do we have that info available or is that kind of buried and hard to get too? I don't feel like taking mine apart to find out.