How can it be recorded externally? (DS capture)

PlakRast

How can it be recorded externally? (DS capture)

Post by PlakRast » Wed May 28, 2014 10:02 pm

In other words, does the software display the image in a format like directX such that an external capture program will detect it automatically, or will it need to be captured through desktop capture? I'm mostly concerned with the original DS capture card software, but the question applies to both cards I guess.

playe

Re: How can it be recorded externally? (DS capture)

Post by playe » Thu May 29, 2014 12:06 am

PlakRast wrote:In other words, does the software display the image in a format like directX such that an external capture program will detect it automatically, or will it need to be captured through desktop capture? I'm mostly concerned with the original DS capture card software, but the question applies to both cards I guess.
There's really no need to record it externally, the capture software has a built-in recording feature in it. (I'm assuming you're trying to make local recordings)

PlakRast

Post by PlakRast » Thu May 29, 2014 12:10 am

playe wrote: There's really no need to record it externally, the capture software has a built-in recording feature in it. (I'm assuming you're trying to make local recordings)
I wanted to do so to have more freedom of compression format for example, and (mainly) to make it easier to record audio since with an external program I could record both at once, without combining them later.

Post by Guest » Thu May 29, 2014 1:12 am

To answer the question, yes, you can record the capture window application with any ordinary screen capture program like OBS, Bandicam, probably Dxtory, etc.

To answer playe, there are things you might want to do like live stream your 3/DS which require outside help. Or just want to record to a different file format without the hassle of converting.

PlakRast

Post by PlakRast » Thu May 29, 2014 1:51 am

Guest wrote:To answer the question, yes, you can record the capture window application with any ordinary screen capture program like OBS, Bandicam, probably Dxtory, etc.

To answer playe, there are things you might want to do like live stream your 3/DS which require outside help. Or just want to record to a different file format without the hassle of converting.
Thanks. Just to be safe though, can someone confirm DXTory works? That's actually the one I would like to use, so it'd be nice to know it can detect this program. Maybe no one else uses it though.