3DS XL Shell Swap

Nes

3DS XL Shell Swap

Post by Nes » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:00 am

Hi Loopy, I saw an older post on the forums about a shell swap you did for Grylvak back in March. I was curious if you are still doing any of these. I purchased a Theatrhythm Curtain Call special edition and was going to combine it with my Zelda XL edition (Gold Zelda inside with the THeatrhythm design on the outsides) and was going to perform it myself, but the Zelda one has some very fine scratches due to the bottom screen border (stupid old design flaw) and I wasn't sure if I could salvage that plan...but I digress. I may just want to do a simple shell/motherboard swap once I get the 3DS LL here and was wondering how much it would cost if you were willing to take the job. Also curious if you have any guarantees :)

Thank you so much for your time, looking forward to a reply.

Ness

Re: 3DS XL Shell Swap

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Hey loopy quick question. Smash 4 is coming out and I have a black 3DS XL and I want to have my shells swapped for the smash 4 shells. Could you do that? A reply a soon as possible will be appreciated thank you very much!

Nes

Post by Nes » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:24 am

Hey Guest,
He never responded to me so I guess he doesn't do it anymore. Anyways my cousin does it and he did mine, came out perfect :) Maybe I'll post my 3DS if anybody wants to see it. Anyways, it's actually not that hard and I ended up doing the Japanese 3DS myself, came out without any flaws also. Best of luck though! :D

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Does your cousin have a website or something? I wanted to get my shells swapped for the smash hit ones.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Correction smash 4 ones

Nes

Post by Nes » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:00 pm

No website, but he'd probably do it for a small fee, I'll ask him if it's ok if I give you his email if you want it.

P.s. Doesn't that new Smash 3DS look like they stuck some amateaur unfinished/unpainted art sticker on a red 3DS XL ? I was really disappointed with the reveal.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Do you have a price? Then I'll ask for the email. Thank you