Loopy! The Production Of 3DS XL Ending

Lucario-Player

Re: Loopy! The Production Of 3DS XL Ending

Post by Lucario-Player » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:55 am

I'll add one last thing to this topic...

You know how Pokemon X/Y was laggy, especially when the 3D was on for Single battles? This is just a rough guess, but with the New 3DS I'm pretty sure that problem will be fixed because of the new upgrades to the system which will handle the battles better.

However, that is just a guess and if that is the case the old 3DSes will still be able to play the Pokemon games... they will just have to deal with drops in frame rate at some points due to not as advanced hardware.

Darrell3h_

Post by Darrell3h_ » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:08 pm

If I recall correctly Lucario Player, Black 2 and White 2 also had their fair bit of FPS drop on the 3DS as well.

Gam3rsmedia

Post by Gam3rsmedia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:04 pm

Lucario-Player wrote:That was me that made the post above, and actually only four games were released... seeing how after viewing the chart again "Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal" was indefinitely delayed for all regions.
Okay that's the DSi which only added in a camera to the game, that's it. So yeah they made an extremely few games that added the use of a camera.
The "New 3DS" had 2 extra buttons and a C stick, kinda different from the upgrade from a DS to a DSi. They maybe won't make only 3DS LL games but I would say a majority of the new titles will be solely on the 3ds LL. Pokemon will probably be on the 3DS XL.

EMegamanu

Post by EMegamanu » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:54 pm

Gam3rsmedia wrote:
Lucario-Player wrote:That was me that made the post above, and actually only four games were released... seeing how after viewing the chart again "Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal" was indefinitely delayed for all regions.
Okay that's the DSi which only added in a camera to the game, that's it. So yeah they made an extremely few games that added the use of a camera.
The "New 3DS" had 2 extra buttons and a C stick, kinda different from the upgrade from a DS to a DSi. They maybe won't make only 3DS LL games but I would say a majority of the new titles will be solely on the 3ds LL. Pokemon will probably be on the 3DS XL.
3DS LL is japanese name of 3DS XL.

I think you wanted to write "new 3DS (XL or not)". Or I did not understand what you write...

Do not worry about extra buttons, 3DS and 3DS XL have the Circle Pad Pro.
Same thing for the NFC feature, not a problem.

The only problems are faster CPU and more RAM...

Lucario-Player

Post by Lucario-Player » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:55 pm

Darrell3h_ wrote:If I recall correctly Lucario Player, Black 2 and White 2 also had their fair bit of FPS drop on the 3DS as well.
I'd say it was just how the game was made then, although it wasn't as bad as Pokemon X/Y I believe because I didn't hear about it as much back in 5th generation.

Although you saying that reminds me that Star Fox for the SNES had some frame rate issues at some points for the SNES, yet if you ran it in an emulator which I remember doing a few years back... it ran extremely smoothly so it may have been a problem with the system as well, too much for it to handle unlike the emulator on a computer almost 2 decades ahead of it's time hahaha
Gam3rsmedia wrote:
First, stop referring to it as the "3DS LL"

http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-3ds-l ... -5gdj.html

That's a "3DS LL" aka a 3DS XL. Japan calls their "XL" versions of 3DSes different to the US.

If anyone wants to refer to the "new 3DS" as n3DS... I think that's what people have been typing in now.

Anyways, it includes new buttons. As said there is a circle pad pro that came out and that hardly has seen any use because you needed a $20 accessory to play the games. There was options to switch control types in the game if you HAD the accessory, but otherwise it was completely optional. Developers have the same option in the future to make it optional, which is probably in their best interest if they want to make more money.

I say this because notice how PS3 and Xbox 360 games are still being released? The PS4 and Xbox 1 have already come out, so why don't developers focus on those systems instead? Reason, because not enough PS4s and Xbox 1s are on the market yet. Watch Dogs was for both generation consoles because of this. Call of Duty is still doing this (not an example I like using... but it gets the point across). Metal Gear Solid 5, a game that has yet to actually have a release date still is still going to be for the PS3 and Xbox 360, even if the PS4 has actually been said to have the superior graphics. (only version running in 1080p, all other versions being in 720p)

Just because a "new" system is being announced doesn't mean it will end the old system *right now* a lot of games were developed for the Game Boy Color, but was backwards compatible with the original Game Boy for years. The original "Phat" DS and the DS lite had a Game Boy slot for Game Boy Advance games since back then they were still releasing them. The n3DS will be the same, if anything it may be like the DSi since it's just adding a "new" to the system, just like they added an "i" to the DSi.

Either way, it's not something to worry about right away, it isn't going away overnight. Heck, I'd see if the old original 3DS capture device it could be switched systems (even though I literally just switched my capture device out from one 3DS to another as of like... a month ago...) just because I like new systems, however I can wait.

Either way, don't worry about it so much.

CAPS

Post by CAPS » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Lucario-Player wrote:I'll add one last thing to this topic...

You know how Pokemon X/Y was laggy, especially when the 3D was on for Single battles? This is just a rough guess, but with the New 3DS I'm pretty sure that problem will be fixed because of the new upgrades to the system which will handle the battles better.

However, that is just a guess and if that is the case the old 3DSes will still be able to play the Pokemon games... they will just have to deal with drops in frame rate at some points due to not as advanced hardware.
The New Nintendo 3DS will NOT improve older games :P
The older games will not change at all

Lucario-Player

Post by Lucario-Player » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:53 pm

CAPS wrote:The New Nintendo 3DS will NOT improve older games :P
Hahaha well, I figured since it was going to change apps like the eShop speed and the Miiverse speed for loading it up it'd fix downloaded games as well as cartridge games too, but to be honest I'm not picky with the choices unlike some people I've been seeing posting about this lol... *facepalms*

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 pm

The New Nintendo 3DS will NOT improve older games :P
The only possible improvement is usually load times which will have very small differences to the point of 60th of a second.
When NEW 3DS models support the capture mod, I wouldn't mind doing a small recording difference and see if the loads are slightly faster (Ocarina of Time and NSMB 2 are good examples).

DS games like Pokemon are known to run slower (due to memory bus differences, we* believe) on 3DS rather than DS.

*Pokémon Speedruns community.

When playing Gamecube games, the load times were faster on a Wii than a GC.

The only time when framerate/lag is notably different is when you play Super Mario 64 on Wii VC or even Ocarina of Time console version on VC, there's way less lag frames.