XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Lucario-Player

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by Lucario-Player » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:38 pm

desocietas wrote:I wouldn't take his guess of $200 for installation as a confirmed price - he hasn't gotten to see the new systems for himself but has some preordered.
Actually, I think he has looked at the new system according to this post:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2067&p=9502#p9502
loopy wrote:I am interested of course, but I won't know anything more until I've had time to work on it.
I haven't done anything yet except open the 3DS up to see how a board might fit, and that was months ago.
I think he ordered the Japanese one back when first released IIRC back then

However... he hasn't had time of course either (as you know as well hahaha) but... considering Katsukity "tried" back in October, and still hasn't even said anything about a capture device other than "we would only sell preinstalled systems" due to it being harder to install for them... no idea how hard it actually could be to install, but if it's easy to screw up I'd actually have to agree that the price of the board may be more too.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:15 am

Loopy. We have all been waiting for the 3DS XL Cap cards. I don't wanna go to Katsukity but seeing how things have been moving slow, i honestly don't know. Do you even plan on doing the 3DS XL Cap card or are you going to go directly to the New 3DS XL?

TheHartTech

Post by TheHartTech » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 am

Guest wrote:Loopy. We have all been waiting for the 3DS XL Cap cards. I don't wanna go to Katsukity but seeing how things have been moving slow, i honestly don't know. Do you even plan on doing the 3DS XL Cap card or are you going to go directly to the New 3DS XL?
It would make more sense for him to move straight to the New 3DS. No sense developing for a a soon to be obsolete platform.

ilyich

Post by ilyich » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:14 am

TheHartTech wrote:
Guest wrote:Loopy. We have all been waiting for the 3DS XL Cap cards. I don't wanna go to Katsukity but seeing how things have been moving slow, i honestly don't know. Do you even plan on doing the 3DS XL Cap card or are you going to go directly to the New 3DS XL?
It would make more sense for him to move straight to the New 3DS. No sense developing for a a soon to be obsolete platform.
It's not soon-to-be-obsolete, though. It'll still work, and I doubt they'll stop selling them within the next couple months just because the new version's out. That's also asking him to more or less dump what he has worked on and start from scratch again assuming that the new ones are as different as the XLs were from the 3DS. And that'd still be a while before he got it out.

vahnx

Post by vahnx » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:26 am

TheHartTech wrote:
:? It would make more sense for him to start on the New 3DS but some of us have been waiting a while in hopes of a reliable 3DS XL capture card.

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:19 am

TheHartTech wrote:
Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to throw out the past 2+ years of almost completed work and start working on another product that could potentially take just as long, only having the regular 3ds to offer in the meantime.

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:30 am

Czar_Yoshi wrote:
TheHartTech wrote:
Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to throw out the past 2+ years of almost completed work and start working on another product that could potentially take just as long, only having the regular 3ds to offer in the meantime.
loopy wrote:Some final (I hope) XL boards should be in hand before the end of the month. What that means for you, I don't have an answer yet. It's a limited run of boards, there is work on the software yet to be done, it will take time to get up to speed on the install process. The price isn't set, but I was thinking around $200ish. Part of the reason it's taken forever is the board has been almost completely redesigned. It's gone through like 4 revisions now... new firmware, new programming & testing tools, reverse engineering the flashing interface because the IC manufacturer won't release it :x and other headaches. The good news is all that's done now. Nothing needs to change for 2DS and New 3DS except the board shape, so those can be done fairly quickly.

I know it's not an answer to WHENNNN???!?, just wanted to say that it's still coming along.
Hopefully that can stay true, and all Loopy needs to do is just change the shape of the board for the New 3DS XL, but it looks like he only managed to get the New 3DS.

wiifanluke

Post by wiifanluke » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:13 am

Excited for the new 3ds board!
Last edited by wiifanluke on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izagar

Post by Izagar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:30 pm

*le bumps so other users see this*... (this honestly needs to be a sticky. ^^; ) *waits patiently for loopy*
Former Legend of Zelda Webmistress (RIP Zelda Temple, Zelda Sanctuary). Work on Link's Hideaway now. :P
Naevorlis - High Fantasy Webcomic

sparky2476

Post by sparky2476 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:11 pm

I would like to get a 3ds XL or regular one in the future and wondering if I could just buy a 3ds with a capture board installed. on the order page it says that this was not an option however.

I have an XL already but would like another one that can have the capture board on it.