XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

DestinyDecade

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by DestinyDecade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:45 pm

loopy wrote:
DestinyDecade wrote:I may as just say it here but yeah... Katsukitty is bankrupt and their website is dead.
Huh. Weird. Guess he blew his money on fancy cars or something(??) How do you go bankrupt when you essentially have a monopoly?

Anyway. Yeah, I guess I'd better get busy now :P
Good to have you back man. The sooner you announce a Nee 3DS XL capture board, the sooner I will put money towards it. I really want one so I can retire my old 3DS with capture board. Plus it’ll give me a reason to do 3DS videos again.

PeeJayBonobo

Post by PeeJayBonobo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:14 pm

I was actually planning to cave in and send my 3DS in to xCubicle (New York VG repair shop), who was doing New3DSXL boards in the name of Katsukity, I called xCubicle to inquire when they told me that they stopped doing business, which caused them to stop doing New3DSXL boards. About a week later, I read an article stating that hardware modifications are now against the law in Japan, which made me think that Katsukity is mega screwed, with no way of returning.

Looks like patience has always been the only way I'm ever going to get a capture board, huh?
YouTube
Steam
Twitch.tv

3DS Friend Code: 0620-0287-2099
Switch Friend Code: 0545-8720-5127
PSN: PeeJay_Bonobo
NNID: PeeJay_Bonobo_87
Xbox Live: PeeJay Bonobo

HashBrownJM

Post by HashBrownJM » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:21 am

loopy wrote:
DestinyDecade wrote:I may as just say it here but yeah... Katsukitty is bankrupt and their website is dead.
Huh. Weird. Guess he blew his money on fancy cars or something(??) How do you go bankrupt when you essentially have a monopoly?

Holy moly! I'm so excited to see you posting again! I have a N3DS (not XL) that I would love to have a card for...

I guess Merki is also kind of sunk, unless Katsu can still send him boards? His install quality looks off the charts.

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:41 am

HashBrownJM wrote:
loopy wrote:

Holy moly! I'm so excited to see you posting again! I have a N3DS (not XL) that I would love to have a card for...

I guess Merki is also kind of sunk, unless Katsu can still send him boards? His install quality looks off the charts.
I wonder about that too. Guess the law in Japan that hardware modding is illegal really screwed things up. This really sucks but at least now it's good to see Loopy back in business. Hopefully I can send my N3DS XL in so he can put a capture board on it and I'll be back in business. It's time I retire the old 3DS that I've had of 8 years.

HashBrownJM

Post by HashBrownJM » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:50 am

My only concern is the timetable. I know that Merki has limited stock and is selling really quickly because he's the only person who has supply right now.

If I don't move to get one with him, how long will I be waiting for Loopy to come out with one? That's my only concern.

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:06 am

Some of us have been waiting years already. I have a Ds and a 3Ds from Loopy but have been waiting for more than 2 years I wanna say, for the 3ds xl's. I had it all packaged up and ready to ship for that long also haha. Just have to be patient and bookmark the forums and order page and check um everyday ;)

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:07 am

pezoneden wrote:Some of us have been waiting years already. I have a Ds and a 3Ds from Loopy but have been waiting for more than 2 years I wanna say, for the 3ds xl's. I had it all packaged up and ready to ship for that long also haha. Just have to be patient and bookmark the forums and order page and check um everyday ;)
I wonder if it'll be the same with the New 3DS XL.

HashBrownJM

Post by HashBrownJM » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:15 am

pezoneden wrote:Some of us have been waiting years already. I have a Ds and a 3Ds from Loopy but have been waiting for more than 2 years I wanna say, for the 3ds xl's. I had it all packaged up and ready to ship for that long also haha. Just have to be patient and bookmark the forums and order page and check um everyday ;)
Yeah, been a member here for quite some time! Hoping there's a non-XL version for the N3DS... :cry:

PeeJayBonobo

Post by PeeJayBonobo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:37 am

In my case, you know what I think it is?

Back then, I wanted one, but I just didn't want to deal with the stress of having to send the handheld away for modification, and even back then, I was limited to a model of 3DS I no longer have (I think I had an Old 2DS at the time, which Loopy's boards did not support).

Katsukity fixed only half of my problems (Support for Old 2DS), but I still had to send it away, and what made matters worse, their store was located outside the US, so.....

Yeah, I want my New 3DS XL fitted with a board really bad, and Katsukity is no longer an option due to new Japanese laws that have passed, and at this point, I'm willing to send my 3DS away.
YouTube
Steam
Twitch.tv

3DS Friend Code: 0620-0287-2099
Switch Friend Code: 0545-8720-5127
PSN: PeeJay_Bonobo
NNID: PeeJay_Bonobo_87
Xbox Live: PeeJay Bonobo

HashBrownJM

Post by HashBrownJM » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:02 am

PeeJayBonobo wrote:In my case, you know what I think it is?

Back then, I wanted one, but I just didn't want to deal with the stress of having to send the handheld away for modification, and even back then, I was limited to a model of 3DS I no longer have (I think I had an Old 2DS at the time, which Loopy's boards did not support).

Katsukity fixed only half of my problems (Support for Old 2DS), but I still had to send it away, and what made matters worse, their store was located outside the US, so.....

Yeah, I want my New 3DS XL fitted with a board really bad, and Katsukity is no longer an option due to new Japanese laws that have passed, and at this point, I'm willing to send my 3DS away.
I'm good with everything. It's mostly just been cost prohibitive for me. If we're really getting down to a limited stock point, though, definitely makes me skittish.