XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

crookedcarsalesman

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by crookedcarsalesman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:04 am

I'm still holding out hope.

whatagreatcoffee

Post by whatagreatcoffee » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:21 pm

crookedcarsalesman wrote:I'm still holding out hope.
Me too. I am pretty sure there are going to be more and more people wanting to stream, and those streamers are going to want to get their 3DSs/New 3DSs modded to stream DS/3DS games. Streaming is becoming a pretty popular media consumption platform these days. And with new Pokemon games coming out on the Switch, I'm sure people want to see older Pokemon games from the DS/3DS era in anticipation of the new Pokemon game coming out.

crookedcarsalesman

Post by crookedcarsalesman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:40 pm

whatagreatcoffee wrote:
Me too. I am pretty sure there are going to be more and more people wanting to stream, and those streamers are going to want to get their 3DSs/New 3DSs modded to stream DS/3DS games. Streaming is becoming a pretty popular media consumption platform these days. And with new Pokemon games coming out on the Switch, I'm sure people want to see older Pokemon games from the DS/3DS era in anticipation of the new Pokemon game coming out.
It may not even be Loopy, and I'm fine with that. I don't think the CONCEPT of 3ds recording will die any time soon

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 pm

crookedcarsalesman wrote:
whatagreatcoffee wrote:
It may not even be Loopy, and I'm fine with that. I don't think the CONCEPT of 3ds recording will die any time soon
It'll never die. I just only wish Loopy can mod my New 3DS XL so that way I can go back to recording 3DS games again. Why's that? Simple. Because I miss doing it.

whatagreatcoffee

Post by whatagreatcoffee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 pm

I would think since Loopy is based in the US, the hurdles in getting your 3DS modded would be a lot smaller compared to getting it modded through KatsuKity if he was still in business. I would also think there are still a lot of people who were hesitant in shipping their 3DSs to KatsuKity who still want to get their 3DSs modded with a capture card now. Hesitant because of the long wait times, the shoddy quality of the capture card mods, and the barrier to entry price point. I'm one of those who had second thoughts on KatsuKity.

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:05 pm

whatagreatcoffee wrote:I would think since Loopy is based in the US, the hurdles in getting your 3DS modded would be a lot smaller compared to getting it modded through KatsuKity if he was still in business. I would also think there are still a lot of people who were hesitant in shipping their 3DSs to KatsuKity who still want to get their 3DSs modded with a capture card now. Hesitant because of the long wait times, the shoddy quality of the capture card mods, and the barrier to entry price point. I'm one of those who had second thoughts on KatsuKity.
You are not the only one.

AngeloftheNight091

Post by AngeloftheNight091 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:20 am

Just curious if they will ever return in stock, able to be modded or if new models will be available.
Last edited by AngeloftheNight091 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm

No body owes anybody, anything in this type of "Monopoly" situation, unfortunately. Just gotta keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best, no matter how you "feel".

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:23 am

Every month I see 1 or 2 loopy and katsukity captures cards on ebay. Your friends just need to spend their money. I got two of each myself. All it took was money. If they really want to twitch 3ds games nothing is stopping them from picking them up.

SweepsMT

Post by SweepsMT » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:32 pm

Merki has now sold out of cards! would love to see that new3ds XL card when you're ready! :)