Recording 3DS and Voice Audio w/ USB Mic and Audacity

katgrafei

Recording 3DS and Voice Audio w/ USB Mic and Audacity

Post by katgrafei » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:08 pm

So I have a YouTube channel where I make videos of me playing games, but I have run into an audio issue. When I open Audacity and the 3DS capture recorder and click record, it only records my voice and the 3DS capture software did not record the DS audio. My mic is a USB mic so i'm not sure if that has something to do with it, but if anyone knows how I can record both my voice and the 3DS audio without using FRAPS, then please let me know! If I need an audio splitter, please let me know as well!

poledoo

Re: Recording 3DS and Voice Audio w/ USB Mic and Audacity

Post by poledoo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:22 pm

I record 3DS using dxtory. It has multiple audio channel capability and will record both screens in separate video files. Never had any audio missing problems when recording with it. A free alternative to dxtory that I'd recommend is OBS. Its streaming software, but it has a recording feature as well. You can adjust all your audio easily and the plus side is that if you use an overlay , instead of having to do it in editing, you can set it up to record within the overlay.

MidwayCJ

Post by MidwayCJ » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:12 pm

poledoo wrote:I record 3DS using dxtory. It has multiple audio channel capability and will record both screens in separate video files. Never had any audio missing problems when recording with it. A free alternative to dxtory that I'd recommend is OBS. Its streaming software, but it has a recording feature as well. You can adjust all your audio easily and the plus side is that if you use an overlay , instead of having to do it in editing, you can set it up to record within the overlay.
Does OBS record both screens in different video files too? I thought I heard it did but I haven't seen anything. I wanted to test it but I've had the black screen and none of the solutions offered fixed it. I don't wanna bother to continue to try to fix it if it doesn't, especially when I get a program that will work for just 33 bucks.

poledoo

Post by poledoo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:29 pm

MidwayCJ wrote:
poledoo wrote:I record 3DS using dxtory. It has multiple audio channel capability and will record both screens in separate video files. Never had any audio missing problems when recording with it. A free alternative to dxtory that I'd recommend is OBS. Its streaming software, but it has a recording feature as well. You can adjust all your audio easily and the plus side is that if you use an overlay , instead of having to do it in editing, you can set it up to record within the overlay.
Does OBS record both screens in different video files too? I thought I heard it did but I haven't seen anything. I wanted to test it but I've had the black screen and none of the solutions offered fixed it. I don't wanna bother to continue to try to fix it if it doesn't, especially when I get a program that will work for just 33 bucks.
Well you can put both screens on the same scene, but recording the screens into 2 separate files like dxtory does no it cant.