CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

gRuFtY

Re: Cute(3)DSCapture - A Capture Software for Linux and Mac

Post by gRuFtY » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 am

Guest wrote:Please if possible make it super easy for me to install and get it working, what do I do? Can I just enter terminal commands?[/size]
I believe it is as easy as it can get for linux until I find the time to provide statical linked binaries. What part do you have problems with? I can try to help you.

As for the 3DS XL board - I still plan on purchasing a n3DS XL. If it uses the same capture unit as the regular 3DS XL, they the software I'll write will work for the 3DS XL as well. If not I'll still get together with loopy and try to make a version of my software for boards I do not own.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:25 pm

It wasn't letting me reply for whatever reason, thank you for getting back to me though.

I'm having trouble from the very beginning because I feel like I'm doing l the necessary steps but it just won't work or maybe I'm doing them wrong. In baby steps lol can you tell me what to do from beginning to end?

JoybitLegit

Post by JoybitLegit » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Is there any architecture-specific machine code used in this program? I'm going to be picking up a Raspberry Pi 2 relatively soon and I'm going to try to compile this on there once I do.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:57 am

There is no architecture-specific machine code in C3C and CDC, but I don't no about SFML. Just give it a try, chances are good it will work :)

About the babysteps-tutorial: I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner! At the moment I'm in day-hospital for 4 weeks and won't be out for another one, so I didn't really had the time to work on the software or the tutorial. The problem is, a tutorial might be harder to write than you think, because if it's babysteps it needs to be distribution-dependend and I don't know your distribution. It might be easier just to get the binaries to work.
But the way my mac-guy told me he would fix the mac-binaries as soon as he finished his master-thesis - which might take some more weeks :-\

Sorry about all the delay :(

JoybitLegit

Post by JoybitLegit » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:02 pm

gRuFtY wrote:There is no architecture-specific machine code in C3C and CDC, but I don't no about SFML. Just give it a try, chances are good it will work :)
Awesome! I'll look into SFML on the RasPi for now, you focus on getting better. Good luck :)

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Again can't reply for whatever reason, thanks for getting back to me though. If it's easier then I'd just let you remotely control my computer using TeamViewer or something, I'm in no hurry though so please take your time.

I'll continue using Windows for now.

alanmb

Post by alanmb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi, the download links for the .DMG files are not working anymore. Do you have any mirror?

It would be great if Loopy could mirror them in 3dscapture.com.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:34 pm

The links should be up and running again, we had some server issues.

Unfortunately those are still the links to the version of the software many people reported not to work. Although I'm home from hospital, I'm not too sure when we can fix them. Sorry! :(

alanmb

Post by alanmb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:35 pm

I ended up installing it manually. It was quite easy.

So which version of the software is being used in these DMG files, is it not the latest from github? I can help you update it if you want, I am also a developer using OS X. I am also very interested in seeing USB audio implemented.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:03 pm

It is the version you find in git. If you like to help, you're very welcome! I'd love to include USB audio, but hadn't have the time to look into it.