CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

gRuFtY

Re: Cute(3)DSCapture - A Capture Software for Linux (and Mac)

Post by gRuFtY » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:52 am

I'm working on moving CuteDSCapture and Cute3DSCaputre into the same codebase. I think that might make it easier for VGMoose to get a new Mac Build for CuteDSCapture as well.

Gimmy

Post by Gimmy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 am

Shortly after posting, I applied vgmoose's instructions (for building C3C) to CDC. Not all of them worked properly I think, but I managed to get a working executable! So I'm using this for now.

It has some minor problems (mainly lag, especially when recording); not sure how much is due to my home-made build and how much to the program itself or the sub-optimal Mac screen recording capabiilties.

By the way, I found pretty annoying the round corners of macOS' windows when it comes to recording. Do you know any workaround?

booleangemini

Post by booleangemini » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:29 am

do you know if there is any way to install cute3dscapture or cutedscapture on Ubuntu mate 20.04?

Kobalt

Post by Kobalt » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Great software, I got it running smoothly with the build instructions. Thanks a lot for doing this!

However I found that my device does not seem to be supported. I got an old 2DS with capture card by Keity / Katsukity, *not* Loopy. There are drivers available for Windows and Mac in the first row of https://www.merki.net/info/?lang=en&v=3 ... #downloads, but not for Linux.

Any idea how to record Keity on Linux? Would Cute3DSCapture be capable of it? Need slight adjustments? Complete rewrite? I'd love a lead on this, before I dive into the source code.

(I also tried running the Windows driver with Wine - wihtout luck, the device wasnt recognized. Last option might be a Windows VM)

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm

Gimmy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 am
By the way, I found pretty annoying the round corners of macOS' windows when it comes to recording. Do you know any workaround?
Unfortunately I don't really understand what the issue is, as I'm not using a Mac... can you maybe share a screenshot?
booleangemini wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:29 am
do you know if there is any way to install cute3dscapture or cutedscapture on Ubuntu mate 20.04?
Should work well if you follow the compilation instructions in the intro post. Did you try that and have a specific problem? If you can explain what problems you're facing, I can try to help more :)
Kobalt wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:39 pm
I got an old 2DS with capture card by Keity / Katsukity, *not* Loopy.
This tool is only for loopys capture cards. It cannot work with Katsukitys cards by design. Please ask in the Katsukity forums for support on a Linux version, this forum is only about loopys cards, sorry.
Kobalt wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:39 pm
Any idea how to record Keity on Linux? Would Cute3DSCapture be capable of it? Need slight adjustments? Complete rewrite?
Most likely a complete rewrite, but I know nothing of Katsukitys cards...

booleangemini

Post by booleangemini » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:39 pm

gRuFtY wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm

booleangemini wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:29 am
Should work well if you follow the compilation instructions in the intro post. Did you try that and have a specific problem? If you can explain what problems you're facing, I can try to help more :)
Got it to work with the compiling instructions. had a friend compile it for me and send a zip but it didn't work, compiled it myself and it works perfectly on my raspberry pi 4

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Great, I'm glad to hear that!

Actually, if you're running it on a Pi, then I'm not sure if an Ubuntu package I could have provided would have run - I never compiled for ARM before and would probably have missed that. Out of curiosity, did your friend compile this on a PC? Because that might be why it didn't run on a raspi then, because of incompatible hardware architecture.

booleangemini

Post by booleangemini » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:19 pm

gRuFtY wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:00 pm
Great, I'm glad to hear that!

Actually, if you're running it on a Pi, then I'm not sure if an Ubuntu package I could have provided would have run - I never compiled for ARM before and would probably have missed that. Out of curiosity, did your friend compile this on a PC? Because that might be why it didn't run on a raspi then, because of incompatible hardware architecture.
He mentioned that the arm architecture was supported because I had said that I wanted to run it on a raspberry pi. I would assume he compiled it with arm architecture in mind. I used the repository from Github to compile on my pi.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Okay. Not sure what went wrong then, but oh well. At least it's running now :)

Ross

Post by Ross » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi, I switched to Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon 64-bits just a few days ago, so I'm very new to this stuff, so sorry if this post sounds a bit silly! I first tried running the old DS capture software through PlayOnLinux, but the best I got from that was just a blank white window from both screens, even after changing a few settings, and trying different USB ports(also the same computer, and it worked alright on Windows 10). So I searched for capture software compatible with Linux and found this software. I've spent hours trying to compile the CuteDSCapture program, but I couldn't figure out how to. I tried lots of things, but nothing has really worked. I've installed the SFML stuff I think, and I have the code on my computer. I cd into the CuteDSCapture directory, and then when I try putting './autogen.sh && ./configure && make' from the github page into the termal, it says './autogen.sh: line 2: autoreconf: command not found' and I don't know what to do. Any help(either with getting the old software to run properly, or compiling this new software and getting it running) will be much appreciated! :D