CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

gRuFtY

Re: Cute(3)DSCapture - A Capture Software for Linux (and Mac)

Post by gRuFtY » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 pm

I remember I had some code years ago that managed to capture the sound, but because I couldn't figure out how to use buffers, it was a cut-off mess. At least I remember thinking it sounded like the audio wasn't buffered enough and was cutting off multiple times a second.
I will check if I've still got that broken code somewhere to provide access to that - might help with your pull request, sudofox.
If I still have it, that is. I think with a deeper understanding of audio programming than I have it's probably simpler to start fresh, but I think you're learning this as you go as well? In that case maybe it would help.
Again, I'll check.

evolution219

Post by evolution219 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:47 am

Finally got cuteDScapture working on a raspberry pi 4 on raspberry pi os running at a usable 56-60fps I’ve only been able to get upto 30fps till now
DC48A200-D316-4C50-BC64-9B14C35B85BC.jpeg
DC48A200-D316-4C50-BC64-9B14C35B85BC.jpeg (87.55 KiB) Viewed 8413 times
Also know as EvoCapture1 British capture card builder

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:57 am

Wow, that's pretty awesome! How did you manage to get that increase? Did you need to change the code or did you change something about your setup?

Btw, I unfortunately couldn't find my old audio code. But sudofox is about as far now as I got back in the day, so I don't think it'd be of much help anyway.

evolution219

Post by evolution219 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:01 pm

gRuFtY wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:57 am
Wow, that's pretty awesome! How did you manage to get that increase? Did you need to change the code or did you change something about your setup?

Btw, I unfortunately couldn't find my old audio code. But sudofox is about as far now as I got back in the day, so I don't think it'd be of much help anyway.
I’ve been messing with it since the raspberry pi 2 but the latest releases of raspberry pi os + being able to boot from a usb ssd and base level hardware acceleration built into pi os , can’t wait for them to make a gpu compatible version of the 64 bit os

evolution219

Post by evolution219 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:16 pm

I’d love to be able to run it like a tv adapter but don’t have the time to make a bootable version from a Linux base

Rkfan

Post by Rkfan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:23 am

vgmoose wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 am
I don't have a 3DS capture card, but i have recompiled and rebundled this app for newer macOS versions, such as Catalina.

The rebuilt app is here: https://github.com/vgmoose/Cute3DSCaptu ... /v1.3.2mac

I know this is an old concern, but I'm looking for feedback from people on whether this works or has other problems, and to also help debug those issues. I definitely agree that Apple doesn't make it easy to distribute software for a number of reasons (need Mac to build, have to reference libraries a certain way, need the app signed), but would like to help workaround these obstacles if possible.
This is amazing. Does this only work with the 3ds or does it also work with the DS? the software boots but it doesn't register the DS. I was scared it might be a USB issue or something

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:32 am

That build is C3C only, which only supports the 3DS. VGmoose hasn't build and bundled CDC, the DS version of CuteCaputure so far.
(It is a hassle tho and I'd love to merge CDC and C3C into one tool that auto-detects which console you're using eventually. But as I don't really have the time to actively develop this tool anymore, that might be a while if no one else helps out, sorry!)

Rkfan

Post by Rkfan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:48 am

gRuFtY wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:32 am
That build is C3C only, which only supports the 3DS. VGmoose hasn't build and bundled CDC, the DS version of CuteCaputure so far.
(It is a hassle tho and I'd love to merge CDC and C3C into one tool that auto-detects which console you're using eventually. But as I don't really have the time to actively develop this tool anymore, that might be a while if no one else helps out, sorry!)
That makes sense. The other thing I tried today was running Ubuntu on virtual box but I couldnt get CuteDS to build. It kept saying it was locked or not available. I might try to run windows but that is more RAM hungry and running XP gives me missing Dll issues.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:59 am

"locked or not available" doesn't ring any bells immediately. Can you post the full error?

Gimmy

Post by Gimmy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:53 pm

So, CuteDS is not compatible with newer macOS's, while Cute3DS is, right?

Does it take a lot of work to update CuteDS too? Should we expect some advances on this? That would be very nice...

Many many thanks guys for your amazing work :D