Sending a Circle Pad Pro for modding?

crimsonfloyd

Sending a Circle Pad Pro for modding?

Post by crimsonfloyd » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:14 am

Hi loopy,

I sent over my 3DS to get a capture board installed about two years ago, and it's worked perfectly since then. After doing a quick Google search about it, I saw this topic (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=485) about a Circle Pad Pro mod you did a long time ago, and I was wondering if I could send you my CPP to be modded in the same way.

I've seen your instructions and other tutorials and such, but I'm just not confident that I can mod it myself without screwing something up. And I'm not sure if I need to send my 3DS as well, but if so, I can send that in the package with the CPP too.

I'm willing to pay the cost of a CPP + an extra fee for installation and such. Just let me know!

Thanks in advance.

CarArc

Re: Sending a Circle Pad Pro for modding?

Post by CarArc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:45 pm

I was feeling desperate last night, so I grabbed my Circle Pad Pro, some black electrical tape, and a nail cutter and created this abomination.
Basically just raised the IR transmitter. I cut the part where the IR-transmitter was to be able to push it up. Put used some double sided adhesive so it stays in place.
The hardest part was to cut the part where the micro USB cable goes in. If the part you cut is too tight, you might damage your USB port.
Covered it up with black tape, because I didn't have anything else. I will definitely try this again!

It looks horrible and the 3DS will not sit as tight in place, but it does its job.
Attachments
20150227_133139.jpg
20150227_133139.jpg (43.35 KiB) Viewed 2203 times

Wiltshire

Re: Sending a Circle Pad Pro for modding?

Post by Wiltshire » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Hey guys,

I have created a tutorial showing you how to mod your Circle Pad Pro to fit Loopy's 3DS Capture Board. If you want any help or have any questions, let me know. Here is the video, if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8FVF2cyrZ0