My R button sometimes is not registering when I press it

Reska

My R button sometimes is not registering when I press it

Post by Reska » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi Loopy,

My R button sometimes is not registering when I press it. I got my 3DS capture card installed from you so I know I am unable to send it to Nintendo for repair.

I do not believe this due to the capture card installation. I bought the base system 2nd hand from a younger sibling and looking at the device it appear scuffed near the button. Even though it worked for a while even after the card was installed. It may have been doomed to go out soon.

What do you recommend that I do to fix it?

Re: My R button sometimes is not registering when I press it

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:55 am

I had the same thing happen to me on my non capture card 3DS recently. First of all, do you have any experience with opening up the 3DS and/or experience with opening other similar consoles for that matter? Because what happened in my case was that the ribbon cable for my L button was going out, and I had to replace it, and now it works fine. I'm sure you could find guides on YouTube to help you, if you need it. In any case, here's a link to what the ribbon cables look like. They're quite inexpensive. (5-8 dollars.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Right-Shou ... 3a8ee64f9a

If you do attempt it, BE CAREFUL WHEN OPENING IT UP BECAUSE YOU CAN COMPLETELY SNAP THE CABLES! Which I suppose isn't TOO bad, if you're replacing them anyways, but you should still be careful. Don't lose any screws, and don't screw up!

Reska

Post by Reska » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:49 am

I'll try my hand at it, I have the tools and watched a video on it. It looks like I can handle it. Thank you for the info!

Reska

Post by Reska » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:49 pm

So I got the replacement cables in, but I am unable to open the system fully due to loopy's capture card that I had installed.

I do not know what to do from here.

Reska

Post by Reska » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:04 am

I think I was able fix it myself. I was able to disconnect the capture board and open up the 3ds to change the button cable.