3DS Capture OBS Sound

Bastion

3DS Capture OBS Sound

Post by Bastion » Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 am

So the problem is after fighting OBS for 3 hours (Don't ask) I got the CLR plugin working, but no sound.

USB sound works via the app, but not via the CLR plugin.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

TheHartTech

Re: 3DS Capture OBS Sound

Post by TheHartTech » Mon May 18, 2015 8:25 pm

I gave up on the OBS CLR plugin, and I usually dont even use the game audio. Mainly because I want to use that footage on YouTube later and not trigger CID. I know it's not an answer, but my alternative has been to go to the YouTube free royalty free music library and create a good playlist of like 20~ish songs, and play that instead of game audio.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Tue May 19, 2015 8:35 pm

What "CLR" plugin are you referring to? The audio is sent over USB.

Bastion

Post by Bastion » Wed May 20, 2015 12:22 am

LVNeptune wrote:What "CLR" plugin are you referring to? The audio is sent over USB.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/ ... hosted.33/

I'm well aware the sound is sent over USB....
Bastion wrote:USB sound works via the app, but not via the CLR plugin.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed May 20, 2015 5:12 pm

Bastion wrote:
LVNeptune wrote:What "CLR" plugin are you referring to? The audio is sent over USB.

There should be a discussion page on that plugin page... have you tried there to see if anyone who is familiar with the program knows what the issue is? I haven't tried the CLR plugin myself, but hopefully someone else here or there might be of help.

Bastion

Post by Bastion » Thu May 21, 2015 2:26 am

desocietas wrote:
Bastion wrote:

There should be a discussion page on that plugin page... have you tried there to see if anyone who is familiar with the program knows what the issue is? I haven't tried the CLR plugin myself, but hopefully someone else here or there might be of help.
The topic and plugin hasn't been active nor updated since April last year. The thread is full of people asking the same questions with no answers. As most of us here are actively using our capture cards, I was assuming/hoping someone would know of something I'm missing. But that doesn't seem to be the case, which is fine. I've found a work around using window capture.

Trust me, I exhaust every resource possible before posting on a completely unrelated site. I've attempted to contact the plugin dev on twitch and a few other places I think he was/is on, to no avail. This was a last ditch effort.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri May 22, 2015 6:18 am

Bastion wrote:
desocietas wrote: There should be a discussion page on that plugin page... have you tried there to see if anyone who is familiar with the program knows what the issue is? I haven't tried the CLR plugin myself, but hopefully someone else here or there might be of help.
The topic and plugin hasn't been active nor updated since April last year. The thread is full of people asking the same questions with no answers. As most of us here are actively using our capture cards, I was assuming/hoping someone would know of something I'm missing. But that doesn't seem to be the case, which is fine. I've found a work around using window capture.

Trust me, I exhaust every resource possible before posting on a completely unrelated site. I've attempted to contact the plugin dev on twitch and a few other places I think he was/is on, to no avail. This was a last ditch effort.

That sucks :( Hopefully someone around here will be able to get back to you before long.

Post by Guest » Wed May 27, 2015 2:12 pm

I find that the capture software gets a bi wonky in OBS. I use the CRL browser for quite a few things, and I vaguely remember installing it to get my sound to work before I even really understood what it was, though my issue was just getting sound to work period, as my PC lacks a stereo mix option. What I do is game capture one 3ds window (the top screen) while using window capture for the bottom screen. This has worked really well for me, though I have a feeling this is the work around you mentioned previously.

xarxex

Post by xarxex » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Heh, I didn't have any idea that people were actually using my plugin.

It was written for personal use and I just posted it to the OBS repository for later reference, and for anyone interested. It was written before usb audio support, which is why it doesn't include audio in stream without a separate cable.

My group has another marathon coming up, and I'm gonna go ahead and build a new plugin in anticipation of this (Lost the original sourcecode due to crashed harddrive).
I'll probably release this on github for anyone to use, and it will include audio support ( I just need to figure out how to do it :P ).

Edit:
I will also attempt to write the plugin in C++, so that CLR-host is not needed.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Do you even dropbox bro? ;)