Next Batch

phoenixwrong

Next Batch

Post by phoenixwrong » Thu May 14, 2015 4:34 am

I've looked through the forums to make sure there weren't any other threads about this topic before posting (to minimize redundancy here) so apologize in advance if I missed the answer to this somewhere else.

I know loopy is working on 3DSXL & N3DSXL (and I'm not trying to rush) but my question is simply: will the next batch of loopy capture cards include one of these or will it only include the original 3DS.

I ask this because I had a good deal offered to me on an original 3DS (that I will buy) if the original 3DS will be the only capture cards available next batch. If the others (XL or NXL) are going to be available it doesn't matter how good the deal is I would rather just send in my XL.

I know he started working on the XL a long time ago which is why I never got around to buying an original 3DS because I had assumed I would just send in my XL eventually. When I realized that only original 3DS' were for sale I wasn't able to get one in time to send in before they sold out.

Loopy does amazing work and that's why I've been holding out for his capture card. I just want to make an informed decision before the next batch comes out (and if there is any ball park time frame on that, that would be awesome too know too)

Thank you :D

Czar_Yoshi

Re: Next Batch

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Thu May 14, 2015 6:27 am

The next batch is going to be for the regular 3ds and the regular 3ds XL, with the N3ds XL not too far behind. However there's no eta on when that batch will be ready.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Thu May 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Much like Gateway.

Soon(tm)

TyMiles2012

Post by TyMiles2012 » Sat May 23, 2015 4:26 am

I'll be sure to have the money saved up for an XL mod! :D

Oh! How is the latency from the 3DS to the screen? I heard Katsukity's was little to none. I do want to make videos with it, but I've always wanted to play my 3DS games on a bigger screen. I'll also try to invest in the controller mod as well to put my classic controller to use!

mapizzafood

Post by mapizzafood » Sat May 23, 2015 4:22 pm

TyMiles2012 wrote:I'll be sure to have the money saved up for an XL mod! :D

Oh! How is the latency from the 3DS to the screen? I heard Katsukity's was little to none. I do want to make videos with it, but I've always wanted to play my 3DS games on a bigger screen. I'll also try to invest in the controller mod as well to put my classic controller to use!
From my experience with Loopy's board, I didn't notice any huge delay. In fact, I sometimes found myself looking at the computer screen instead of my 3DS when playing my games.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Sat May 23, 2015 4:51 pm

You can use the monitor fine for gaming. The only issue is the audio has a few ms delay.

TyMiles2012

Post by TyMiles2012 » Sat May 23, 2015 8:47 pm

LVNeptune wrote:You can use the monitor fine for gaming. The only issue is the audio has a few ms delay.
I play Monster Hunter 4U with my friend over skype all the time and I just plug a 3.5mm cable into my PC and have it listen to the audio into my headphones so it's no big deal. Assuming you're talking about the USB audio capture.

zukored

Post by zukored » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:18 pm

Did loopy ever say when exactly the new batch is coming? Later this year or early next?

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 am

Still no eta on that.

Pelon1071

Post by Pelon1071 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:09 pm

Yea there's no ETA for when the next batch will be around, or when the development for the n3DS will be made.
Cheese