Sold out?

mapizzafood

Re: Sold out?

Post by mapizzafood » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:44 am

loopy wrote:Paypal is screwy, even though the stock was set at 0 it would still let an order or two slip in every day. I guess if you hammer their server hard enough, it'll mess up sometimes. I hold some extra boards for repairs and such, so if you got lucky and managed to slip in an order that way, I'll still install it.

Yes, the plan is to move away from the old design. Components are becoming obsolete, I want to move to a smaller, cheaper, internal design on the old 3DS (matching the XL board design). It looks like I'll be doing one more small production run of the old boards (til the rest of the parts are used up, I have some cases & cables left over) but those won't last long.

Yes I know, everyone is anxious about pokemon. I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to you, I get tired of responding to dozens of "When will you have (XYZ)????" every day. I try to keep up with normal support emails but these tend to get ignored. Sorry I haven't been involved in the forum for a long time. To be honest, I've been a little afraid, after being gone so long I figured it'd be in chaos by now.

XL and n3DSXL boards are being worked on (XL will probably be available first but n3DS should come soon after). I'm not going to try to guess a release date yet, but obviously it's in my best interest to have something done quickly with pokemon and end of the year coming up. I've focused on keeping up with orders, I've mostly been able to keep a 1-2 day turnaround time for months now but that doesn't leave me much time to work on new things. Now that orders have stopped I will be working on this full time now.

I need to go now, I'll be back tomorrow to follow up.
Thanks for the update. Many of us were just confused about what your plans for future boards were.

As for being afraid to get involved in these forums, don't be. Most of us were just wanted to hear an update from you, regardless of whether it was good or bad news.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting a New 3DS XL board in the future. I have enjoyed using your old 3DS board in the past and I am sure that your future boards are going to be amazing, especially since it sounds like there will be a lot less bulk on the outside of a modded 3DS in the future.

Mysterious Reaper

Post by Mysterious Reaper » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Thanks for letting us know Loopy. I especially have been lurking on the forums anticipating an announcement for your N3DS XL boards production. I suspect Merki will be restocked aswell when more come in and if we want to pay for a package with a N3DS XL?

I understand the controller port mods were not cost efficient, however would it be brought back for us to request the mod rather then the board itself (I suspect it would cost more to implement)?

Is there be a way to get notice when your new stock comes in?

Either way we appreciate you taking the time to let us know and we highly anticipate your new stock when it's ready. Thank you. :)
I'm a UK Streamer who streams a variety of games on Twitch. If you're interested, please feel free to check my streams!

MrPerson0

Post by MrPerson0 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:07 am

loopy wrote:Paypal is screwy, even though the stock was set at 0 it would still let an order or two slip in every day. I guess if you hammer their server hard enough, it'll mess up sometimes. I hold some extra boards for repairs and such, so if you got lucky and managed to slip in an order that way, I'll still install it.

Yes, the plan is to move away from the old design. Components are becoming obsolete, I want to move to a smaller, cheaper, internal design on the old 3DS (matching the XL board design). It looks like I'll be doing one more small production run of the old boards (til the rest of the parts are used up, I have some cases & cables left over) but those won't last long.

Yes I know, everyone is anxious about pokemon. I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to you, I get tired of responding to dozens of "When will you have (XYZ)????" every day. I try to keep up with normal support emails but these tend to get ignored. Sorry I haven't been involved in the forum for a long time. To be honest, I've been a little afraid, after being gone so long I figured it'd be in chaos by now.

XL and n3DSXL boards are being worked on (XL will probably be available first but n3DS should come soon after). I'm not going to try to guess a release date yet, but obviously it's in my best interest to have something done quickly with pokemon and end of the year coming up. I've focused on keeping up with orders, I've mostly been able to keep a 1-2 day turnaround time for months now but that doesn't leave me much time to work on new things. Now that orders have stopped I will be working on this full time now.

I need to go now, I'll be back tomorrow to follow up.
Thanks for the update! As much as I would rather have a New 3DS XL capture board ready before old 3DS XL capture boards (since both old 3DS and old 3DS XL are no longer being sold at retail due to the New 3DS XL [and few New 3DS regular] systems, I am glad to see that you are truly alive (even though you already told me) and will be able to focus more on perfecting the old XL and New XL capture boards!

ThePuffMan

Post by ThePuffMan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:25 pm

Thank you so much for the update! If I am interpreting your update correctly, you will still be making boards for the original 3DS, right? (just with a more efficient design?) I would still like to order an original 3DS modded at some point.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:11 pm

That's great to hear, really appreciate the update.

Baniita

Post by Baniita » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm

Hello. I have been waiting for years for a new 3DS (small size) capture board, but I suppose you won't be getting to those any time in the next 2 years? :(

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:14 pm

Baniita wrote:Hello. I have been waiting for years for a new 3DS (small size) capture board, but I suppose you won't be getting to those any time in the next 2 years? :(
I believe he is making those currently too, but who knows? We just know that loopy is out their messing with capture software and trying to bring new boards to the world

shaanth21

Post by shaanth21 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:53 am

Thanks loopy, whenever you can!

unevieotaku

Post by unevieotaku » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi guys, just received my 3ds today, it's working, and it's great !
Thanks !

DarkJake13

Post by DarkJake13 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:35 am

Waiting patiently for the New XL boards. Have the money ready thanks to donations from channel supporters. Just having my eyes on this website like a hawk.
Youtube Gaming Streamer that plays a variety of games nearly every day.
https://gaming.youtube.com/darkjake13