Looking for a capture Switch

m00sician

Looking for a capture Switch

Post by m00sician » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:42 am

Hey!

I'm looking for a switch with a build in capture card. I can offer 500€ + insured shipping to Germany.
If anyone has one and is looking to sell them, send me a mail at m00sician@live.de

Thanks!

pezoneden

Re: Looking for a capture Switch

Post by pezoneden » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:08 pm

You technically do not need to risk the hardmod these days. I would suggest looking into the elgato hd60s or something similar. https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-s

maisalsa

Post by maisalsa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:48 pm

pezoneden wrote:You technically do not need to risk the hardmod these days. I would suggest looking into the elgato hd60s or something similar. https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-s
agreed! 500 euros (?) is a lot for a mod. the elgato works amazing with the switch, but i think another reason to not use an elgato is so you wouldnt need a computer maybe? either way, i think an external capture card is 100% of the way to go.

good luck!

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:31 am

If you can stream from a switch without a computer , you wouldn't need a capture card or a computer. I have seen a few streams that stream directly from PS or XBOX, I'm not sure if you can do that from a switch though, and if you could it would probably be a soft mod rather than a hard mod. I actually don't own any consoles except a wiiu and an snes classic, so I'm not sure how streaming from a console actually works. The elgato should sort the original poster out though.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:40 am

wait what?
i didn't even know switch capture cards existed lol
a bit redundant imho

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 am

Guest wrote:wait what?
i didn't even know switch capture cards existed lol
a bit redundant imho
100%

m00sician

Post by m00sician » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:56 am

maisalsa wrote:
pezoneden wrote:You technically do not need to risk the hardmod these days. I would suggest looking into the elgato hd60s or something similar. https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-s
agreed! 500 euros (?) is a lot for a mod. the elgato works amazing with the switch, but i think another reason to not use an elgato is so you wouldnt need a computer maybe? either way, i think an external capture card is 100% of the way to go.

good luck!
I have enough external capture solutions, that’s not the problem. I'm working on a project that requires me to capture handheld mode footage, which sadly isn’t possible (and these 30s video clips aren’t really cutting it). Katsukity sold them for a while, but his shop shut down before I could order one.

Thanks for the suggestion though!