Possible Wii U Gamepad Capture Card?

Deleted User 2340

Re: Possible Wii U Gamepad Capture Card?

Post by Deleted User 2340 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Tis a fair argument. But, I myself personally do not like to hear about them, its something very very personal in regards to them. And again, about the Gamepad, at least now I know that there is a good reason for it, I guess it has something to do with me not owning a Wii U :P. But, in all seriousness, I apologize for my misbehavior, and coming off as quite rash.[/quote]

It's fine, upon reflection I was a bit full-on myself. I can certainly understand why a non-Wii U owner wouldn't realise the importance of the GamePad's display, sadly Nintendo is doing an awful job marketing the damn thing. Everyone I've personally shown it to has been impressed with what it can actually do, it's a shame Nintendo can't advertise it properly, it has incredible potential. But I can certainly understand not owning one until Mid 2014 (when it at least has a decent sized library of quality games), which is really quite sad.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, again, very sorry for acting like that.

MithrilMonarch

Post by MithrilMonarch » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:42 pm

MKGirlism wrote:MithrilMonarch, I was actually aiming on Wii U games that don't use the GamePad at all (as in, GamePad being off, displaying nothing, void, etc.).
That was moreso just a post about the subject in general, not as a response to your post.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I figure it's better than creating a new thread just to rehash the old topic.

Loopy, earlier you said:
Actually, I've been toying with the idea of doing a HDMI-out board for PSVita and/or WiiU. They would be nearly identical. Could possibly use the same board for both.
Are you still considering making a Wii U pad capture board? I would definitely buy it. You just mailed me the 3DS capture board, and I'm very happy with it. The quality is good. Is the Qii U pad still happening?

If so, could you consider not making it an HDMI-out device, please? Usb-out to software makes it significantly easier to use. HDMI-out is going to mean computers will need an HDMI-in port and a way to capture from that port, and it's going to be a pain. Is it possible to make it a usb-out device, like the 3DS one?

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Loopy, I hope you're reading these older threads. I'd really like to see you weigh in!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Did you find anything about the Wii U Gamepad or you abandoned hope :) ?

Randomface Gaming

Post by Randomface Gaming » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:45 pm

The problem isn't just grabbing footage from the gamepad. If it were that easy than an HD camera would do just fine considering the size of the gamepad. The real problem (at least for me) is combining the tv signal with the gamepad footage. Would you be able to use the same method as with the DS or will we all have to get good editing software and a capture card?