Are there multiple versions of Katsukity capture card for O3DS ?

haliway

Are there multiple versions of Katsukity capture card for O3DS ?

Post by haliway » Sat May 09, 2020 12:45 am

Hi everyone,

I want to buy a O3DS XL with a Katsukity card and i was wondering if there multiple versions of the capture card and if yes which one is to be preferred.
IIRC there are at least 2 versions but i might be wrong. Please let me know.

No offense to Loopy but which one is currently the best Loopy 3DS or Katsukity 3DS ?

Pokemonblackgamer

Re: Are there multiple versions of Katsukity capture card for O3DS ?

Post by Pokemonblackgamer » Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Loopy is better. It’s cheaper and a lot more reliable.

haliway

Post by haliway » Sat May 16, 2020 7:33 pm

In what way ? And why was it declared discontinued and deprecated if better than Katsukity ?
I really thought it was the opposite as everybody was talking about Katsukity and few about Loopy.

Pokemonblackgamer

Post by Pokemonblackgamer » Sat May 16, 2020 9:40 pm

Katsukity is only talked about more because they closed. Katsukitys usbs fail a lot.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sun May 17, 2020 1:10 am

Sorry but there is lot's of things wrong here..

Loopy or Keity is pretty much the same quality, both get them produced in China.
Also you should understand that Loopy (Neal Tew) is the inventor from U.S. and has released two types of Capture Cards - he released as of now the Classic DS (orginal DS) and old 3DS Capture Card.
He did design the hardware layout and software himself.

On the other side there is Katsukitty or Katsukity (that’s the nickname from Katsuki Toru and he is from Japan). He is not a technician (he was basically running a game store) and did not invent any Capture Cards by himself.
But he hired one software and a different hardware company to invent and produce the hardware-parts and the software for all types of 2DS and 3DS old and new generation Capture Cards.
We are talking about one model for a first-generation console (Loopy) and basically two old generation and one new generation Capture Cards (Katsukitty).
Everyone who is clever would surely not even try to compare them.
But many are just reducing the Capture Cards down to the USB port – not taking in the account that the new generation is all internal and on two console types (new 3DS and new 2DS XL) the USB port is even separated from the capture board. This separation is making it very hard to hold the USB port in its place without getting lose or what ever because of the need to absorb all the forces putting into a tiny little part.
So even – IF - you really think that there is a need of a comparison then you must compare the same type of console.
For the end customer there is no difference in quality.
For installers, it only makes a difference in the time you have to spend to get it installed.
Loopy’s design is more clever as he eliminates the need of soldering the flex cable to the capture board as he uses closing latches!

haliway

Post by haliway » Sun May 17, 2020 8:27 am

Tecd0c wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:10 am
Sorry but there is lot's of things wrong here..

Loopy or Keity is pretty much the same quality, both get them produced in China.
Also you should understand that Loopy (Neal Tew) is the inventor from U.S. and has released two types of Capture Cards - he released as of now the Classic DS (orginal DS) and old 3DS Capture Card.
He did design the hardware layout and software himself.

On the other side there is Katsukitty or Katsukity (that’s the nickname from Katsuki Toru and he is from Japan). He is not a technician (he was basically running a game store) and did not invent any Capture Cards by himself.
But he hired one software and a different hardware company to invent and produce the hardware-parts and the software for all types of 2DS and 3DS old and new generation Capture Cards.
We are talking about one model for a first-generation console (Loopy) and basically two old generation and one new generation Capture Cards (Katsukitty).
Everyone who is clever would surely not even try to compare them.
But many are just reducing the Capture Cards down to the USB port – not taking in the account that the new generation is all internal and on two console types (new 3DS and new 2DS XL) the USB port is even separated from the capture board. This separation is making it very hard to hold the USB port in its place without getting lose or what ever because of the need to absorb all the forces putting into a tiny little part.
So even – IF - you really think that there is a need of a comparison then you must compare the same type of console.
For the end customer there is no difference in quality.
For installers, it only makes a difference in the time you have to spend to get it installed.
Loopy’s design is more clever as he eliminates the need of soldering the flex cable to the capture board as he uses closing latches!
Thank you for the answer. I was just very confused about everything we can read on Internet. Now it´s very clear.

Aashii

Post by Aashii » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:08 am

haliway wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:45 am
Hi everyone,

I want to buy a O3DS XL with a Katsukity card and i was wondering if there multiple versions of the capture card and if yes which one is to be preferred.
IIRC there are at least 2 versions but i might be wrong. Please let me know.

No offense to Loopy but which one is currently the best Loopy 3DS or Katsukity 3DS ?
Hi guys
When it comes to purchasing a 3DS XL with a capture card, there are indeed multiple versions available.free fire name

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:25 am

No there are not, for the old 3DS XL there is only one version, no others.

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:49 pm

The only option for 3DS XL is the the Optimize board (more commonly referred to as Katsukeity).