PS Vita Capture Card

MakiManPR

Re: PS Vita Capture Card

Post by MakiManPR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Nnamz wrote:
loopy wrote:No extra hardware but you'll need some screen capturing software, I don't think the viewer can record on its own.
Alright I'll look for some.

I'm sorry for cluttering up your board with my questions. I really thought I was buying from you. Thanks for your helpfulness and your prompt responses. I will certainly point people your way in the future.
Bandicam or FRAPS

sunnygrg

Post by sunnygrg » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Aw jeez, I still can't record at 544p :( Anybody else had this problem and found a fix? I just want to know how good it is over 544i(?). I even upgraded my graphics card too.

NateWolf

Post by NateWolf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:54 am

Hi guys,
I've been following up about this PS Vita Capture card and I recently received one of my own.
I've been playing around with the settings and implementing what people have been recommending.

I was wondering if there is a way to get the viewer in English.

Here are the settings I currently use, (that I know what they do as the rest I don't know because it is in Japanese), let me know what you guys think and what you would recommend to improve the quality further (also what some settings should be that aren't listed, I changed a few that I don't know what they are):

V-Sync: On
H-Sync: 36
Clock: 5
Data1: 3
Data2: 3
Hold: 6
966 x 544 x 10 bit [YUV] (progressive)
resolution 1920 X 1088
Filter: Bilinear

I also usually have it on full screen because I want to play my Vita on my TV (my laptop is connected via HDMI).

I turned v-sync on to stop screen tearing during fast movement on screen.

I turned up H-Sync to 36 as recommended to stop the screen jarring and choppy feed (also going to high looks weird as well).

I tried the 4 different video rendering options, (and tried a couple de-interlace options with the interlaced settings). The one I'm using produces the best quality overall (from what I can tell). The interlace (whether de-interlace options are on or not) causes texture bleeding during movement. However the interlaced options have better color spectrum reproduction (for example, on the main screen's default background, all the shades of blue transitions almost seamlessly (if not completely), fading from one shade to the next. But, in the progressive mode, there appears to be fewer shades shown, as the background appears like thick lines, each line is a different shade of blue). I prefer to avoid texture bleeding over having a better spectrum of colors. If you guys know a better solution, I would much appreciate it.

I set the resolution to 1920 X 1088 as it is the closest to the native resolution of a 1080p television.

I set the filter to bilinear to smooth out the textures. There doesn't appear to be any color bleeding, as some have mentioned experiencing.

I also have the "hidden" setting in the .ini file called DISABLE_AERO_AND_DELAYQUE turned on.

I honestly bought this capture card to play Vita games on my TV primarily. But while I have a capture card, I would like to begin making my first youtube videos of vita and PSone Classics gameplay footage.
Do you guys also have any suggestions to record the footage for youtube?

One more question, in your opinion, do you think Katsukity would be willing to exchange the red vita I received for a blue or black one (or even exchange it for the Miku Hatsune Project Diva F limited edition if I pay the difference)?

I thank ya'll in advance for the assistance, I much appreciate it.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Bump

Pale guy

Post by Pale guy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:30 am

Hey, folks. I've been reading a bit on the blog (or whatever you call this stuff), lol, and I had a question for any of you that have bought the capture board for the PS VITA. Would you be so kind as to upload the instruction manual on how to install the VITA capture board? Or, if there are direction on the website, could you post a link? I've tried looking for a manual, or instructions in general, but have had no luck.

How do I find out how much shipping would cost to send my VITA in and back? Sorry for being such an ignoramus, and thanks for the help.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:54 am

Pale guy wrote:Hey, folks. I've been reading a bit on the blog (or whatever you call this stuff), lol, and I had a question for any of you that have bought the capture board for the PS VITA. Would you be so kind as to upload the instruction manual on how to install the VITA capture board? Or, if there are direction on the website, could you post a link? I've tried looking for a manual, or instructions in general, but have had no luck.

How do I find out how much shipping would cost to send my VITA in and back? Sorry for being such an ignoramus, and thanks for the help.
Driver installation links are on the left side of this page.

I think it cost me about $30 to send my Vita from the US to Japan. Return shipping was included in the cost.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:05 am

Having trouble getting it to work in the 960x544 Progressive mode; it always freezes up. At 25 H-Sync is gives a "no valid data" error, and at 36 H-Sync it gives a "no signal" error. Not sure if it's my OS (Windows 8) or not; any ideas?

Lanuigi

Post by Lanuigi » Tue May 13, 2014 12:00 am

After buying the 3ds version from Loopy (which turned out really good btw) , I was considering getting a PS Vita one as well.

Sadly, it seems like Loopy is busy with the 3dsXL and was wondering how the version made by Katsu is? Is there anyone here with both a 3ds(any version) and PS Vita card? Is it not worth having both in your opinion?

Been looking in this and other topics and just always want to be sure.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Tue May 13, 2014 12:41 am

I don't think Loopy's doing a capture card for the Vita anytime soon, so you'll have to buy from Katsukity.

Pretty much all the quirks and annoyances mentioned in the early posts of this thread have been fixed with the newest version of Katsukity's software. But there's still no USB audio, so you're still going to need a ground loop isolator to filter out the buzzing sound, and you're still going to need some other program (Fraps, Bandicam) to actually record your footage.

Lanuigi

Post by Lanuigi » Tue May 13, 2014 11:16 am

triple_lei wrote:I don't think Loopy's doing a capture card for the Vita anytime soon, so you'll have to buy from Katsukity.

Pretty much all the quirks and annoyances mentioned in the early posts of this thread have been fixed with the newest version of Katsukity's software. But there's still no USB audio, so you're still going to need a ground loop isolator to filter out the buzzing sound, and you're still going to need some other program (Fraps, Bandicam) to actually record your footage.

Thanks. Appreciate the help!