PS Vita Capture Card

sunnygrg

Re: PS Vita Capture Card

Post by sunnygrg » Sat May 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Hey guys,
I've got a question.

When I select 960 x 544 Progressive instead of Interlaced like some of you guys suggested, the viewer just freezes there.

Also, when I increase H-sync under Calibration above 27, the screen turns greenish, and again just freezes.

And, finally there is no audio in any of my clips. Any help?

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Sun May 12, 2013 2:10 am

When I select 960 x 544 Progressive instead of Interlaced like some of you guys suggested, the viewer just freezes there.
Try to make sure there's some sort of motion happening on the screen. The bubbles in the LiveArea should be enough (unless of course you're viewing icons inside a folder, in which case they're all completely still).

Also, when I increase H-sync under Calibration above 27, the screen turns greenish, and again just freezes.
That'll happen. Just keep pushing until you hit 36. I think that number's only good for the 960x544 10-bit progressive setting, though. Might want to hit "dot by dot x1" under Same size adjustment at this point too.

I don't see any audio over USB function like Katsukity's 3DS XL mods, so you're gonna have to get some 3.5mm audio cable and hook it up to your computer's line-in port. You're also gonna need a ground loop isolator. Without it, you're gonna get some buzzing noise. Together, they'll probably cost about $15.

sunnygrg

Post by sunnygrg » Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 am

triple_lei wrote:When I select 960 x 544 Progressive instead of Interlaced like some of you guys suggested, the viewer just freezes there.
Try to make sure there's some sort of motion happening on the screen. The bubbles in the LiveArea should be enough (unless of course you're viewing icons inside a folder, in which case they're all completely still).

That'll happen. Just keep pushing until you hit 36. I think that number's only good for the 960x544 10-bit progressive setting, though. Might want to hit "dot by dot x1" under Same size adjustment at this point too.

I don't see any audio over USB function like Katsukity's 3DS XL mods, so you're gonna have to get some 3.5mm audio cable and hook it up to your computer's line-in port. You're also gonna need a ground loop isolator. Without it, you're gonna get some buzzing noise. Together, they'll probably cost about $15.
Thanks a whole bunch, dude. I will try the suggestions and report back. :)

Random

Post by Random » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi!
Can someone post the best settings for the best quality posible to record with fraps, please? I already try some settings, but it doesn't look good ;S

Thanks!

ShaKage

Post by ShaKage » Tue May 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Random wrote:Hi!
Can someone post the best settings for the best quality posible to record with fraps, please? I already try some settings, but it doesn't look good ;S

Thanks!
Fraps doesnt really have that much options, does it...
record at 30FPS, full quality?

Random

Post by Random » Tue May 21, 2013 10:14 pm

ShaKage wrote:
Random wrote:Hi!

Thanks!
Fraps doesnt really have that much options, does it...
record at 30FPS, full quality?
Sorry, I mean the settings for the "mPSV_view" using fraps to record with.

sunnygrg

Post by sunnygrg » Thu May 23, 2013 7:00 am

Lately, I've been getting the "No Signal" and "No Valid Data" errors. Any ideas?

[EDIT] Okay, here's the pattern I am starting to see. When I first received the kit, I could record in all display settings i.e 544p (YUV), which I believe is the highest setting, and less. After a few days, I realized 544p (YUV) displayed a black image with the above mentioned error, and I had to resort to 544i (YUV) and less.... well... until a couple of days ago. Now, I can only view the viewer in 480 x 272 (RGB). It's like my options are dwindling as the day progresses. I need to find out what I am doing wrong.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Thu May 23, 2013 8:52 am

I dunno... I recently got a laptop (Windows 8, 64-bit) and the picture would occasionally be choppy. Happened tonight and I was getting "no signal" errors and stuff too.

In Config > Special Settings I have:
  • "disable desktop composition and delay queuing" OFF
  • "expansion USB packet size to 1024 byte" ON.
I don't know if that did anything (that last one especially sounds like something specifically for USB 3.0, and was only using 2.0), or maybe it was the fact that I needed to restart the viewer, but it all works fine now...

sunnygrg

Post by sunnygrg » Thu May 23, 2013 9:19 am

triple_lei wrote:I dunno... I recently got a laptop (Windows 8, 64-bit) and the picture would occasionally be choppy. Happened tonight and I was getting "no signal" errors and stuff too.

In Config > Special Settings I have:
  • "disable desktop composition and delay queuing" OFF
  • "expansion USB packet size to 1024 byte" ON.
I don't know if that did anything (that last one especially sounds like something specifically for USB 3.0, and was only using 2.0), or maybe it was the fact that I needed to restart the viewer, but it all works fine now...
Holy crap, that worked. I don't know what I would do without you. I also don't know why the viewer would suddenly start acting up all of a sudden. Maybe it was one of those important updates that Windows 8 automatically installed.

I also used a 3.5mm cable to output audio to my PC speaker, and without a ground loop isolator, it was unbearable. Today the isolator arrived, and now everything is ready to go. I will post a clip later today, so let me know how it looks.

ABXantos

Post by ABXantos » Thu May 30, 2013 5:35 am

Hey guys, just got into the Vita Capture scene today with the arrival of my vita.

So far my Viewer the settings are at:
960x544x10bit [YUV] Progressive
Calibrations are on default settings (like someone else before, if I bump up H_sync the signal is lost or receive invalid data values)
Special Settings: Expansion USB packet size 1024 bytes (using a 3.0 usb)

One thing I did find out from going back to early posts on other forums is that if you are color bleeding to turn off the reduced jaggedness in YUV mode and it will correct the colors.

Also installing the driver on windows 8 was the biggest shit ever to do...