N3DS progress..

mast3rblad3r

Re: N3DS progress..

Post by mast3rblad3r » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:28 pm

thomasfan1945 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:05 pm
meyadin wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:05 am
Sent my 3DS on the 5th, can't wait to get it back lol, already starting a small collection of ds/3ds games. Wonder if the capture cards being out of stock means that no 3dses will be worked on until they're back in stock or if loopy has enough to work on the rest of the 3dses he has
I think those that have purchased theirs will still have theirs worked on, but don't quote me on that.
Yeah, I'm really nervous on that. I purchased it on May 18th, and send it to him on the May 20th and he got it the May 27th. Let's hope he's working on the ones already send to him :? .

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:32 pm

I would think that when we purchased on 5-18, that guaranteed us a board set aside for our console right then and there.

Sustainna

Post by Sustainna » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:03 pm

I imagined it would be who's console arrived first. Im from Canada and while I purchased on 5-18, It didnt arrive until 5-30.

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:06 pm

Great news, managed to get USB Audio Capture now thanks to one of the USB Audio Flex cable replacements Loopy sent for me.
I have a spare cable that I am not sure what to do with, but I have put it away for now.
https://youtu.be/fxYFiVF8JQg

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:53 am

meyadin

Post by meyadin » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:54 am

Guess all I can do is wait to see if someone says they got an email saying their 3ds got shipped lol

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:59 pm

Just remember to take deep breaths, account for how many people are buying these, transit times for postage, and be patient. Remember that back when we were ordering with no choice from Katsukity, installations took an average of 3 months with massive postage fees to Japan. Loopy's doing these considerably faster with much better stability. Please don't make a big deal out of a 2 week installation, that isn't long in the slightest.

If something goes wrong and your 3DS goes missing for a couple months, then yeah, shoot him an email or bring it up. But otherwise, please give him some time and be considerate, he's piled with orders and yours is somewhere in the pile.

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:07 pm

Chroma wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:59 pm
Just remember to take deep breaths, account for how many people are buying these, transit times for postage, and be patient. Remember that back when we were ordering with no choice from Katsukity, installations took an average of 3 months with massive postage fees to Japan. Loopy's doing these considerably faster with much better stability. Please don't make a big deal out of a 2 week installation, that isn't long in the slightest.

If something goes wrong and your 3DS goes missing for a couple months, then yeah, shoot him an email or bring it up. But otherwise, please give him some time and be considerate, he's piled with orders and yours is somewhere in the pile.
This. And I heard/read that the Katsukeity wait time went as far as 6-8 months at one point. And some receive cards that bonked shortly upon being received.

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:22 pm

thomasfan1945 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:37 pm
LegendofLink122 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:43 am
Sev_Henry wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:36 pm
Out of curiosity what is the average timeframe for having a capture card installed (domestically shipped)? Not in a rush or anything, but super excited to finally get my hands on it!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's been other forums discussing this and we may say no more, they will be answered in one of the three.https://3dscapture.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6904
https://3dscapture.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6911
https://3dscapture.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6910
The Capture Kit I've bought in terms may have took nearly a week if I have not mistaken.
I'll admit, I was impatient myself while waiting but it was worth it.
So if Loopy has over like 100 for example, those 3DSs can take days to work on or maybe even weeks, but I'd imagine he probably has more than that.
Heck, the Capture Kit I've bought took several days of testing and fixing up, which is still kinda ongoing.
Overall, it'd be best to just wait as we are all aware, these are in very high demand.
Tbh, the reason how the DS Capture Boards have stayed selling online from Loopy this long as of 2022 is because they aren't as in high demand as the 3DS ones.
3DSs in terms of capture market has been very bad for the past few years, with Katsukity being one of the prime makers shutting down in the late 2010s.
Overall, all I would ask is to please be patient while Loopy is at work making as many 3DSs as possible.
Tbh, I'm just great ful that we even have Loopy doing capture card boards and mods to make our lives a lot easier to begin with, instead of the crap that Katsukity made in comparison.
A lot of people really want to have a 3DS capture card and want to stream their games, I understand that. However, when rushing someone to just mod your system and being impatient just to have it shipped is honestly in my opinion disrespectful.
I feel some are being too impatient, when it comes to only one person doing capture card mods and testing them on a bunch of systems.

If people don't want to send their DSs and have them modded because of patience, it'd be best for my recommendations to have them mod it themselves.
It's in my opinion, the least cost effective and quicker solution.

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:14 am

Yeah, I think it’s best that we continue to drill down on the fact that there is no set time frame and that you will get it eventually - just that exercising patience is a must.

The moment a set time frame is mentioned, people will begin to use that as a measuring stick, and that is not necessary.

As mentioned, Loopy is for the most part a one man team who is likely doing this as a side gig. If you send/sent your 3DS in, it’s best to just forget about it and distract yourself in the meantime - don’t make this the center of your world on a daily basis or the wait could be agonizing.