N3DS progress..

heyitsmeryl

Re: N3DS progress..

Post by heyitsmeryl » Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:48 am

Sorry if this is a silly question (or possibly the wrong place to ask) but I only just saw that 3DS capture installs are going up soon. Is the installation exclusively for N3DSXL systems, or would other models of 3DS be able to sent in for an install? I'd love to pick one up either way, I'd just need to know if I have to also budget in the price of a console.

pyrite_santiago

Post by pyrite_santiago » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:02 pm

heyitsmeryl wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:48 am
Sorry if this is a silly question (or possibly the wrong place to ask) but I only just saw that 3DS capture installs are going up soon. Is the installation exclusively for N3DSXL systems, or would other models of 3DS be able to sent in for an install? I'd love to pick one up either way, I'd just need to know if I have to also budget in the price of a console.
For now it’s just N3DSXL, loopy is working on trying to expand it towards other consoles, but there has been no confirmation or update on it

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:15 pm

heyitsmeryl wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:48 am
He did the original 3DS a long time ago, but he is looking to expand to other systems besides the New 3DS XL.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:50 pm

Personally, I would love to see a DSi XL capture card be a thing, because I love the DSi XL's screen and would love to record and play DS games on it rather than on my 3DS (without the terrible upscale filtering and the DSi XL's ips screens are great), but that's unlikely going to happen.

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:33 am

Nyaako wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:50 pm
Personally, I would love to see a DSi XL capture card be a thing, because I love the DSi XL's screen and would love to record and play DS games on it rather than on my 3DS (without the terrible upscale filtering and the DSi XL's ips screens are great), but that's unlikely going to happen.
Due to the way the DSi and DSi XL was built; along with DS Lite, it's less likely...

smilefires

Post by smilefires » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:14 am

for however it helps with order guesstimation, i ordered on 5/18, my send-in arrived the afternoon of 5/30 and i don't have anything back yet. that would lead me to believe that these are worked in the order received, which is pretty sensible, and i figure they're still working to get through the initial blitz of early birds

obviously these are different boards than the optimize ones, but the N3DSXL does not seem like as easy of a system to work with as the first 3DS, which can also add time

i'm not too worried yet, and i figure someone will email me at some point if my box was empty on arrival, or something

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:31 am

smilefires wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:14 am
for however it helps with order guesstimation, i ordered on 5/18, my send-in arrived the afternoon of 5/30 and i don't have anything back yet. that would lead me to believe that these are worked in the order received, which is pretty sensible, and i figure they're still working to get through the initial blitz of early birds

obviously these are different boards than the optimize ones, but the N3DSXL does not seem like as easy of a system to work with as the first 3DS, which can also add time

i'm not too worried yet, and i figure someone will email me at some point if my box was empty on arrival, or something
The capture board installation should be way easier compared to the Optimize kit.

Optimize/Katsukity:
https://youtu.be/2r-Lzq_Fr2w

Loopy/NealTew:
https://youtu.be/7WnZ1zzJMco

In terms, it doesn't require much soldering. The only time you would solder is with the USB Audio flex cable. While it's not a requirement, it would save less setup stress.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:24 am

thomasfan1945 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:33 am
Nyaako wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:50 pm
Due to the way the DSi and DSi XL was built; along with DS Lite, it's less likely...
From what I could look up, Katsukity did sell DSi/XL capture cards back in the day. But since they've closed up shop due to the new law related to hardware modifications in Japan, there's no way to get one unless someone is reselling one.

Sev_Henry

Post by Sev_Henry » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:21 am

Is it safe to assume that when finally finished and/or shipped back out that Loopy will send some sort of confirmation notice/email if possible?

Cjmaverick_

Post by Cjmaverick_ » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:37 am

Yes, you’ll receive an email from PayPal stating that tracking has been added to your “3DS Capture” order.