Brief white flash on Original DS Capture

JoshTGR

Brief white flash on Original DS Capture

Post by JoshTGR » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:38 am

For the past couple weeks I've had this issue where the DS capture will flash white for less than a second, then go back to normal. I've tried different cables, different USB ports, and even a different computer, and I still have this issue. I even have an older and a newer model capture board, and I've seen this happen on both of them, while attached to separate consoles. I'm honestly at a loss at what to do, or what exactly is causing the problem. Any ideas?
It doesn''t seem to be caused by a loose usb port or anything, it usually happens while I'm playing and not moving the DS. Moving the DS around or messing with the cables hasn't caused any issues.

Siph

Re: Brief white flash on Original DS Capture

Post by Siph » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:32 pm

Hello, I’ve been very happy with my DS capture card, but I am too experiencing the issue of intermittent white flashes during gameplay. I wouldn’t say there’s a particular interval of time when it happens and it doesn’t seem to correlate to moving the DS either.

Here’s what the debug window shows when it happens:

Code: Select all

OK=60 SKIPS=0 ERRORS=0 (0000 0020 00)
0:196096:OK=50 SKIPS=1 ERRORS=1 (0000 0020 00)
OK=60 SKIPS=1 ERRORS=1 (0000 0020 00)
This might be a soldering issue, as I had to do multiple passes for all the pins to be connected properly, but I’m not really sure.

I’m using the cable provided with the install kit and connect the console to a powered USB hub

Edit: it happens way more rarely when using a shorter cable. It still does but it’s way less of an annoyance. I suppose it does depend on the quality of your USB connection, between the ports and the cable you use, at least in my case