Questions regarding audio buzzing during recording

zemak

Questions regarding audio buzzing during recording

Post by zemak » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:04 pm

Hello everyone, I had a question regarding some info I gathered from a YouTube video on Loopy’s NDS capture card.

YouTuber “Alpha LeafGaming” reported a buzzing sound while recording audio using the standard DS capture card without some type of audio suppressor. They noted that this is something that happens after the capture card is installed.

I would like to know if this claim is true and if anyone else has had an issue with this, and possibly whether or not the port on the Capture Card itself has a part to play in said issue.

Thank you all for your time and best regards.

SuperBeefJerkey

Re: Questions regarding audio buzzing during recording

Post by SuperBeefJerkey » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:39 am

I'm only giving this my best guess, but to my knowledge, Loopy's card for the original DS doesn't capture the audio signals through USB (if I am wrong, do correct me). So, you will have to use a regular audio cable to get the audio from the headphones port on the console. From my personal experience in using earbuds on the original DS, there can be some noticeable buzzing caused by the console itself. As for whether Loopy's card adds to that noise, I have no idea. I just know that the console itself already does it to some degree.
SuperBeefJerkey, BeefJerkey, SBJ. I'm all of those.

zemak

Re: Questions regarding audio buzzing during recording

Post by zemak » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:04 am

SuperBeefJerkey wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:39 am
From my personal experience in using earbuds on the original DS, there can be some noticeable buzzing caused by the console itself. As for whether Loopy's card adds to that noise, I have no idea. I just know that the console itself already does it to some degree.
Thank you for your help. Now that you say this I just remembered the day I received my original DS I plugged some normal Apple earbuds in and noticed a little buzz. Though, I had assumed it was fixable to get it off my mind. Whenever I receive my capture card in the mail I’ll test out the audio and see if the buzzing is manageable or if I need to spend some more money on an audio suppressor.