Does 3ds Capture work on Windows 10?

woody

Does 3ds Capture work on Windows 10?

Post by woody » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:53 pm

I have an original (old) 3ds XL that is modded with Katsu Kitty capture card (extra usb port in back), which I have not used in years.

However I have dusted it off and now I am using Windows 10 (instead of Windows 7 which was what I was using back then). I downloaded the 3ds Capture software (exe) and it seems to run fine on Windows 10, it did not complain at all about missing DLL, and the program windows displayed (the main 3DS Capture display window, and the smaller control window with the video recording/snapshot buttons).

However, when I connect my 3ds to my pc's usb port, it made the connect sound (so Windows 10 detected the device), but then it automatically installed the device driver, i think the device driver was just called "Unknown Device".

Anyhow, the 3ds Capture display window is just black, it's not displaying my 3ds screen. There's no errors, i'm just not seeing any 3ds video output on the 3ds Capture software.

Sorry forgot to mention, I did go back to the 3dscapture.com and downloaded the old driver (3ds_driver_install.exe) and installed it on my Windows 10 pc, it seemed to execute fine (no errors during install), but even after this, the 3ds video is still not showing in the 3ds Capture software.

However, i do notice that when i plug in the usb cable the device manager recognized it as "Unknown Device" and says "Driver is unavailable" ... so I guess this is the problem. Does anyone know how to get the Windows 10 driver for the Katsu Kitty 3ds Capture card?

Thanks in advance for any help!

woody
Last edited by woody on Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

smilefires

Re: Does 3ds Capture work on Windows 10?

Post by smilefires » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:58 pm

loopy's software doesn't support katsukity cards. what you want is http://blog-non-standard.blogspot.com/

woody

Post by woody » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:02 am

Thank you so much! I will go to the link you provided! Much appreciated!

woody

Post by woody » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:33 am

It's working now, THANK YOU SO MUCH!