Can you control multiple DS at the same time? (Pokemon shiny hunting)

ShinyKiwi

Can you control multiple DS at the same time? (Pokemon shiny hunting)

Post by ShinyKiwi » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Hello, I want to send in 6 original Nintendo DS to get a capture card installed each (for my shiny hunting setup).

Now I was wondering if you need more software on top of that to control them all via one controller at the same time and if that is possible with this software? I saw some youtube stuff where people were doing that for their shiny hunting setup but I am not sure if it works with this. My goal is to be able to stream all 6 ds to my pc and control them all at the same time with one controller.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! :D

Elysium

Re: Can you control multiple DS at the same time? (Pokemon shiny hunting)

Post by Elysium » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:42 am

They would each need a controller mod. It's separate from the capture card. Loopy has the source files for his on the 3DS order page, including the gerber and code. You can use a wavebird with multiple receivers to control multiple, or split the signal from a GC controller between all of them (I think? Just assuming based on https://twitter.com/EvoCapture1/status/ ... 6058434563).

Edit: turns out this is not true for any controller.
Last edited by Elysium on Tue May 09, 2023 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinyKiwi

Post by ShinyKiwi » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:10 am

Thanks for the info but unfortunately I dont own Game Cubes. I would need all of this for the original DS. I looked a bit more but I couldnt find anything online about it, people showing off some prong insert into their DS (next to the capture card) which seems custom too but I have no idea how to do that or who to write to pay to do it for me.

lemon

Post by lemon » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:33 pm

Controlling multiple systems with a single controller is a separate mod from the capture board, everyone I know has had it installed by gonjona, you can try messaging him on here but his twitter might be a better option. I've heard he's pretty backed up though so it could take a while to get em. There is a newer part available that can also allow controlling multiple systems with one controller, but I only know people who have installed it for themselves and don't offer install services.

ShinyKiwi

Post by ShinyKiwi » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:42 pm

Since Ive wrote this post originally ive done more digging and the new system youre talking about seems promising as ive heard that Gonjona isnt installing stuff anymore, so I had to look for an alternative. The new system is from InsideGadgets (if its the one youre talking about as well). Ive seen a tutorial on YouTube but it seems pretty complicated for someone (aka me) that has never done any soldering beforehand. But I havent found anyone who would be willing to do that (ofc for a price), so idk how to do that yet.

I was wondering if Loopy would be willing to install it (ofc. for a price again) if I would send it with the DS systems on top of the capture card install. I wrote him an email yesterday but havent heard back yet. I understand ofc if thats not possible but I thought asking wouldnt hurt.