Old Capture Card 3DS top screen repair

BladeCrossEXE

Old Capture Card 3DS top screen repair

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Sat May 06, 2023 9:48 pm

I purchased an Old 3DS with a Loopy capture card installed (on the back panel), and the top screen is damaged. It has a giant cluster of dead pixels obscuring the screen. The capture card works fine, though. But, I'm hesitant to send it to a repair service because I'm afraid they might damage or disconnect the capture card while repairing the 3DS. Does anyone know if this is safe to do, or can you recommend a service? Like a specific Ebay user, or on another site who can do it properly?

WolfganGt3

Re: Old Capture Card 3DS top screen repair

Post by WolfganGt3 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:32 am

I probably bought the one from you on the evil bay (if you sold it), its red. But I had a feller from "Game Guys" in Houston work on it. The tech told me the upper screen looked like a bios and he threw the old screen away, so the new screen works, but the tech said it wanted some inputs and he didn't want to mess with it. I will keep you posted what I find out when I receive it tomorrow.

PS:
I was hoping to keep the old screen so I could see if anything was still attached that might not be normal. I'm looking for instructions that came with the older version so I can get it up and running. I don't like leaving stuff broken.

WolfganGt3

Re: Old Capture Card 3DS top screen repair

Post by WolfganGt3 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:33 pm

Well after several failed attempts to take a proper lower rez photo, you'll just have to take my word for it. The 3ds is working again. Yesterday on the phone the tech said it showed a bios, today when turned on both screens came up in the factory reset mode. So the tech at "Game Guys" houston did fix it. I would make sure your 3d is able to shut off, but if it doesn't you have a 30 day warranty. Also check out this guy, he seems very knowledgeable: Juke Industries YouTube.