Introduction

Arcade_Renegade

Introduction

Post by Arcade_Renegade » Wed May 10, 2023 5:09 am

Hello all, my name is Arcade Renegade, and I am a Retro Variety streamer over on Twitch. I focus primarily on full detailed playthroughs of classic 8-bit and 16-bit systems - NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy original/color/advance. The game series I tend to focus on are Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Kirby, etc, but I usually branch out to more fringe series occasionally.

I have been recently getting into first playthroughs of games on later systems, such as Gamecube and Wii, using physical hardware and physical copies of titles, and captured via an analog ElGato capture device and S-video cables. (my computer is not powerful enough to handle Dolphin or Vulcan API) But I'm also looking to venture into the field of Nintendo DS titles (and maybe even 3DS titles) using physical hardware and physical titles (DS emus are still inadequate in providing full game experiences, even in 2023 - lacking wifi, touch screen, microphone, etc.)

So, that's what leads me here today. I'm interested in the capture board installations for DS and 3DS. I'm aware that 3DS board installations are currently sold out, but I did have some question regarding both capture programs.

* When the video is captured, does the software render the original resolution? (DS top 256x192 botton 256x192; 3DS top 400x240 bottom 320x240)
* And is it possible to magnify the displayed resolution to be blocky by 2x 3x etc.? (nearest neighbor, not bilinear)

Ideally it would be nice to use a DS lite or DSi for capture, but I understand that their means of video processing is more complicated than that of Phat DS, so I will most likely be purchasing a phat DS online elsewhere before placing the install order here and sending it in.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself here. Hope to make everyone's acquaintances. :)
Classic 8-bit/16-bit Video Game Playthroughs -> https://twitch.tv/Arcade_Renegade