[FIXED] Flickering when using R button on OG DS

mkdsabel

[FIXED] Flickering when using R button on OG DS

Post by mkdsabel » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:35 am

I received loopy's new OG DS model over a month ago and just the other day it started getting a screen flickering issue on the capture software when I'm pressing the R button. The actual screens are fine, but I've found out that the board's cable is positioned too close to the R button, thus coming into contact frequently. I've had no problems with a previous loopy model I bought 2 years ago. It's not a driver issue since I've tested with another machine and I've also tested with different USB cables and different versions of the capture software - still get this flickering. I cannot move the board up by a couple mm (which is all it really needs) since it's soldered in too tight and I don't want to damage it. This is extremely frustrating as I've had it for just over a month.

If someone (or loopy) could assist, I would be grateful.
Last edited by mkdsabel on Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thomasfan1945

Re: Flickering when using R button on OG DS

Post by thomasfan1945 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:21 pm

You may have to try and move the cable as away from the R button as you can, or does it have something to do with the R Trigger missing it's spring?

mkdsabel

Post by mkdsabel » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:37 pm

thomasfan1945 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:21 pm
You may have to try and move the cable as away from the R button as you can, or does it have something to do with the R Trigger missing it's spring?
The R button isn't missing its spring. I have tried moving the cable but it will still come into contact with it no matter what. I really don't understand why the flexicable had to be put this close to the R button.

thomasfan1945

Post by thomasfan1945 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:33 pm

mkdsabel wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:37 pm
thomasfan1945 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:21 pm
The R button isn't missing its spring. I have tried moving the cable but it will still come into contact with it no matter what. I really don't understand why the flexicable had to be put this close to the R button.
The button itself might be grinding on top of the cable, so it's best to move the cable as slightly as possible.

mkdsabel

Post by mkdsabel » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:24 pm

Update: Fixed thanks to an external technician I got a hold of. The flexicable was damaged due to close contact with the R button casing and some parts were not soldered correctly behind the main board.