White Screen Flicker - OGDS Capture Card Preinstall

SteelOfSpeed

White Screen Flicker - OGDS Capture Card Preinstall

Post by SteelOfSpeed » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:18 pm

Hello,

I just recently purchased an og DS with the DS capture card preinstalled off eBay. (Needed it within a quick amount of time, looking to finish the project before July ends)

The first day(Friday) I used it I didn't have any issues for the 40 or so minutes I tested it on arrival. A momentary white screen on start up but nothing concerning.

However, I went to go do some recording today(Monday) and noticed that it won't hold the video in DS or GBA mode at all. It keeps flickering to white and when the video does show it has some pretty bad screen tearing going on.

Here's a short video of the situation: https://youtu.be/eZ7bXrASAB8

Nothing has changed with the DS since Friday, it's just been sitting on my desk out of the way.

I've tried the multiple USB ports I have, different USB-A to USB-C cords, resetting everything(DS+Capture Software), with and without OBS on, I tried the "multibuffer" some people recommended by having a few high quality videos running in the background and/or steam games downloading but didn't have any luck. Charging is working great, just the capture seems to be affected. (Do we think it's a RAM/Memory related issue if people are recommending having videos running/games downloading? Or is it processor related?)

All of my USB ports are USB 3.2, with the exception of those on the front panel which are x2 USB 2.0. The front panel ports are having the same issue unfortunately.

Here are the system specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Processor: i9-13900K
Mobo: Prime Z790-A(x6 USB 3.2 Type-A ports, x2 USB 3.2 Type-C ports(I don't have a Type-C to Type-C so I have not tested these two ports))
Graphics: RTX 4080
RAM: 64gb DDR5 6400

If you have an ideas/guidance please let me know! I'd prefer to check everything on my end before attempting to contact the person I bought this from on eBay so I can move forward with the knowledge that it isn't just user error.

Thanks,
Steel

SteelOfSpeed

Re: White Screen Flicker - OGDS Capture Card Preinstall

Post by SteelOfSpeed » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:36 pm

FIXED Kind of: So I closed my FireFox which had 2 tabs of Twitch, 1 Youtube, and the 3DS message board open after reinstalling the Capture Software with the DS plugged into one of my back 3.2 ports. Suddenly the capture works just fine now.

Edit: Whenever I turn Youtube/Twitch on it white screens again, not sure why but it seems like that might be the issue.

Edit 2: Looks like it just flat out doesn't work if Discord is up, Youtube/Twitch running, OBS is on. If anyone comes across this post and has solved this issue please let me know. I'd like to be able to use my computer while I record.