blurry video in slobs, cannot find fix for the life of me

Skarm

blurry video in slobs, cannot find fix for the life of me

Post by Skarm » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:01 pm

i just got the n3dsxl board.
it runs perfect in the app looks flawless, but in slobs no matter what i do its also got a blurry tint. im using the lagarith lossless codec @30 fps but none of the codecs seem to make a single difference. using bilinear scaling, same thing here, they both look the exact same, which is perfect in the app but awful on slobs. in both screen capture and window capture. have the app set to ds 1:1 and i held down select before launching game, ive tried it both ways. Can someone please help me figure this out? i really wanna stream
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (101.71 KiB) Viewed 3920 times

smilefires

Re: blurry video in slobs, cannot find fix for the life of me

Post by smilefires » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:51 pm

is your preview window 1:1 to the canvas size or is it scaling to fit the available space in SLOBS?
is your capture in SLOBS either the same size or an integer scale factor of the source screen size?

i don't use SLOBS but OBS has a right-click option to scale the preview window to "canvas" which would make your preview the exact size that you're outputting, plus if you haven't already, could do a test recording and see if the resulting video looks crisp

radiocaf

Post by radiocaf » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:44 pm

I'm not sure if this feature is in SLOBS, but in OBS you can right click the window capture and set "Scaling" settings. I set mine to "Area". Literal night and day difference.

TTS4life

Post by TTS4life » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:38 pm

On the source(s) for my DS capture windows in OBS I right click -> Scale Filtering -> Point. Makes things really sharp in your recording/stream. Having it set to other options/disabled tends to make it blurry like what you're experiencing. Also make sure you're doing this in the DS Capture software by right clicking -> Scaling -> Point