Audio not recording in 3DS Capture software

mindnomad

Audio not recording in 3DS Capture software

Post by mindnomad » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:20 pm

When i use the 3DS capture software to record avi footage, it doesn't seem to be recording the audio frmo the system, even though i can still hear it just fine. atm i've worked around this by having it all set up in OBS, but i'm wondering if i missed a step to get the audio working in the capture software. the volume bar isn't grey or anything, and i have all the necessary drivers installed

retro_and_chill

Re: Audio not recording in 3DS Capture software

Post by retro_and_chill » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:19 am

When you say you can't hear it, do you mean through the console or is it playing through your PC?

mindnomad

Post by mindnomad » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:12 am

Through the PC, after recording a video and watching the recorded video. No audio is being recorded. audio is still played normally through the consoles speakers and through the pc

Spazbo4

Post by Spazbo4 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:29 pm

I am having the same issue. I believe it has to do with in the audio settings where it only records from recording source instead of where the audio is going out to. If you can find a way for a recording source to have the 3DS audio selected then that would be a way to fix it, otherwise you would have to use a 3.5mm audio cable to go from the 3DS to your PC's mic in

C.Bleck2009

Post by C.Bleck2009 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:03 pm

mindnomad wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:20 pm
When i use the 3DS capture software to record avi footage, it doesn't seem to be recording the audio frmo the system, even though i can still hear it just fine. atm i've worked around this by having it all set up in OBS, but i'm wondering if i missed a step to get the audio working in the capture software. the volume bar isn't grey or anything, and i have all the necessary drivers installed
You need to have Stereo Mix ENABLED on your PC to capture Audio using Loopy's Software. If I remember correctly, you also need to have the 3DS's volume itself on or it won't give you any sound.

I don't use OBS, but enable your Stereo Mix on your PC and try to just record using Loopy's software. It should work.

Spazbo4

Post by Spazbo4 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:21 pm

C.Bleck2009 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:03 pm
You need to have Stereo Mix ENABLED on your PC to capture Audio using Loopy's Software. If I remember correctly, you also need to have the 3DS's volume itself on or it won't give you any sound.

I don't use OBS, but enable your Stereo Mix on your PC and try to just record using Loopy's software. It should work.
I tried this and it did not work for me